Notices

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
I have v40 now, is it worth updating to v45? I trust these packages pretty much, but none seems to be compatible with multiboot and overclock and camera? Or is this just for some.. Advice!

I updated to v44, rebooting worked with uboot. But now I updated to v45 and it freezes on starting the maemo kernel any suggestions how to downgrade to v44 in this state? I have a "German" N900, bought 3 months ago..

thank you!

Originally Posted by ing005 View Post
i just install Enhanced Kernel and kernel setting

then i reboot and u-boot loading

but it freeze at starting kernel plz help

are there more people encountering problems with the keyboard backlight? the backlight isnt working anymore behind the keyboard the rest works fine. rebooting wont help.stopping and starting bme and mce arent working either

Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
@doonit: Another (maybe stupid question), I hope you are not using windows 7 for flashing, especially the 64 bit version has problems.
Use XP or ubuntu instead.

See, I think you have a usb problem, you don't get a working connection between your computers and the n900.
There's no problem with windows 7... The problem is with 64bit OS's

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
are there more people encountering problems with the keyboard backlight? the backlight isnt working anymore behind the keyboard the rest works fine. rebooting wont help.stopping and starting bme and mce arent working either
Try turning the N900 off and taking out the battery for about 30 seconds and see if that fixes your keyboard light problem.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sao Paulo, Brazil
i would suggest to the developers something like we do in lilo when recompile a new bzImage,

in case of fail the new kernel, we could have a option to boot the last...

is anyone able to tell me if it is possible under this architecture?

just finish update kernel from 44 to 45 using app manager update.
u boot= fine
audio= fine
camera= fine
oc= fine, permanen @1Ghz

thanks titan & all great develop of this app

The Following User Says Thank You to ryo1st For This Useful Post:
I'm on PR 1.2 and installed the latest power45 kernel, if I press any key during the U Boot load cycle I get an interesting command prompt where I can type "help" and various commands, but within 5 seconds or so the N900 turns off.

Is this normal? Is there any way to stay in that command mode and not have the N900 turn off (I'm guessing it's "bootloader command mode?)

Originally Posted by ryo1st View Post
just finish update kernel from 44 to 45 using app manager update.
u boot= fine
audio= fine
camera= fine
oc= fine, permanen @1Ghz

thanks titan & all great develop of this app
Do you want to share the steps?

i used to have the power kernel as a multiboot option but now with the upgrade i still have it but cant start it it says some files are missing.. how can i fix that? i want to have the option to multiboot the kernel power.help please