Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by disq View Post
no, but good idea. i'll open a ticket.
Thanks. The scanner seems to have very good luck finding artist pictures, so it would be great to have that option, especially in the event the album cover could not be found.

As an experiment (maybe I was bored), I loaded kagu onto my 770 also, and found that it downloaded different album art than the N800 did for the same albums! Does this make sense? Not a serious problem, though, and not worthy of concern.

Stupid question, but if my music is all already tagged with album art, will this program be able to display that or will it download art anyway?

tagged album art is not supported yet.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
regarding the theme , will there ever be a way to just have some sort of plain background , without any logo on it , im totally anal about this sort of thing lol , hell i went so far as to take my face plate off , strip it down to bare metal and powdercoated it black. lol but i would love to have just a plain green , orange , etc. background

Suggestion:

simple 'random' play modes tend to not work well in practice.
(No offense to Kagu: it's the result of mathematically desirable random distributions.)

Long story short: in any decently-sized playlist you'll almost certainly hear some songs several times before you hear every song at least once. (again, something you want from a RNG, just not something you want when listening to music )

The accepted workaround in other apps (e.g. Winamp) is that they randomize the playlist, ensuring a good scramble but without the undesirable parts.

Since Kagu is still in the middle of adding advanced playlist support, had you considered a simple feature where Kagu creates a 'scrambled' play order in memory?

E.g.

I load Kagu, select All Songs, click the Add All button - it creates the familiar playlist of x-hundred songs, but also maintains an additional 'random play sequence' field for each track. Kagu populates this field by randomly choosing a play 'slot' from an array of as-yet-unassigned slots based on the total length of the playlist.

Then, when I select 'random' as the play-order, it doesn't jump to the next song based on random movement through the playlist, it simply moves to the 'next' song according to this random play order field.

Alternately: You could create a random play order list when Kagu opens, from some arbitrarily large 'list' (say, 5000 songs). And then when someone is in random mode, you choose the next song by referring to said pre-generated list.

If their actual playlist is smaller than the arbitrarily large list, you simply 'wrap around'.
E.g. if 523 comes up as 'next' in a list of 300, just play track 223.

@munky261: you could edit /usr/lib/kagu/data/sprites.png for now.

@Roc Ingersol: we're adding a "toggle playlist shuffling" option that re-orders the playlist (a'la winamp) in the next release.

diisq , how exacctly do i do that....to say jut make it a plain black background. what do i use to get to and edit the file??

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
regarding the theme , will there ever be a way to just have some sort of plain background , without any logo on it , im totally anal about this sort of thing lol , hell i went so far as to take my face plate off , strip it down to bare metal and powdercoated it black. lol but i would love to have just a plain green , orange , etc. background
LOL... That is some kind of pathology you got there. You remove all logos from products? Your car got any manufacturers emblems on it? Are your other computer equipment "de-badged"? Does your Linksys/Netgear/DLink (whatever) router have it's logo removed?, cellphone?, microwave oven?. These labels identify who produced that product. Kagu's label does also.

I have a quirk where I simply hate touchscreen protectors. To me it is kind of like buying a nice lampshade, getting it home and putting it on your living room table lamp and leaving it wrapped in plastic forever, or having a new couch delivered and never removing the clear plastic bag it came in., or buying a brand new car and immediately buying seat covers "to protect the seats"? That is kinda reverse logic in my mind. Just my opinion. I "enjoy" the car seats until they become worn THEN I cover them if necessary, not before. Why would I save the seats for the next owner to enjoy. I want to be the one wearing them out.

Regarding screen protectors, I have owned Pocket PCs and now this N800.....the last thing I want to look through when I am using it is a scratched up plastic sheet covering the beautiful LCD display. I know you and I are talking apples and oranges, but we are each quirky.

In your defense, I did grind the manufacturers logo off a Sears battery charger once. The reason was I was very angry at Sears at the time. Removing company identification from products they produce isn't something most normal people do. My shrink has Skype. I think he might be able to help you. <joking>

as a matter of fact everythig you mentioned is debadged lol