Hello,

I know this has been raised before, I'm not sure it got resolved... is there any method to map CTRL + Shift + R (portrait mode) without using the Shortcutd application? The problem is that using the Proximity Sensor functionality in Shortcutd is not too great, and appears to work buggy at best, often turning on but not going back to the previous state after another touch (not sure if it's a bug with Shortcutd or or the CTRL + Shift + R functionality.)

My camera button is already mapped (both for half-press and full press), is there an alternative to easily enabling CTRL + Shift + R for portrait mode?

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
In which apps does Ctrl+Shift+R works?
I'm on PR1.3 and can't find any application which reacts on this.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
In which apps does Ctrl+Shift+R works?
I'm on PR1.3 and can't find any application which reacts on this.
It works on all apps as it invokes the system wide hildon portrait profile. However most applications aren't written to display properly in this profile so they end up with UI element missing when in portrait mode.

Try this:

Open application you wish to rotate
slide open keyboard
Hold the CTRL and SHIFT buttons at the same time.
While holding those, tap the "r" key.
Now slide the keyboard closed and rotate the N900 to portrait.

This affects all currently open applications, but if you close your app, you'll have to re-execute this procedure the next time you open it.

Friends,

Any thoughts on how to easily enable CTRL + Shift + R for portrait mode besides using Shortcutd?

Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
Hello,

I know this has been raised before, I'm not sure it got resolved... is there any method to map CTRL + Shift + R (portrait mode) without using the Shortcutd application? The problem is that using the Proximity Sensor functionality in Shortcutd is not too great, and appears to work buggy at best, often turning on but not going back to the previous state after another touch (not sure if it's a bug with Shortcutd or or the CTRL + Shift + R functionality.)

My camera button is already mapped (both for half-press and full press), is there an alternative to easily enabling CTRL + Shift + R for portrait mode?

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
Friends,

Any thoughts on how to easily enable CTRL + Shift + R for portrait mode besides using Shortcutd?

Yes please... I would love an alternative

There is also Ctrl-FN-Shift-L. Press first 3 at the same time and then press L. It even switches the "desktop" to portrait mode, but it completely ignores the tilt-sensor.

The Following User Says Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post:
The trick of Ctrl-FN-Shift-L actually works for the desktop, but has limited practical use it seems.

Thanks

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
There is also Ctrl-FN-Shift-L. Press first 3 at the same time and then press L. It even switches the "desktop" to portrait mode, but it completely ignores the tilt-sensor.