Notices

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by lisamuben View Post
Please check, for me I have to remove the spaces to have it work.

To answer your "btw" point, I synchronise my contacts and calendar with google contacts and google calendar using mail for exchange. I know it is not expected to work, but for me it is ok, but it is true that sometimes it freezes, but that's not the topic.
Will add support for space in the next release.

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
I have a feeling that Vicar has a memory leak. I was curious why my N900 does so much swapping yesterday, I fired up htop and seen that vicar-telepathy process takes approx. 4% od memory which is quite a lot as for a process that pretty much does nothing (I haven't used Vicar for calling for couple of weeks). I'm now in the process of gathering nightly endurance snapshots so I should have more clues within next few days. I'll let you know my findings.

The Following User Says Thank You to evad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by evad View Post
I have a feeling that Vicar has a memory leak. I was curious why my N900 does so much swapping yesterday, I fired up htop and seen that vicar-telepathy process takes approx. 4% od memory which is quite a lot as for a process that pretty much does nothing (I haven't used Vicar for calling for couple of weeks). I'm now in the process of gathering nightly endurance snapshots so I should have more clues within next few days. I'll let you know my findings.
So far it is taking 1.1% memory for me. This has been consistent for a while. Do let me know your findings.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Hi scifi.guy

I'm trying to create a google voice connection manager. My goal is to provide a button to "Call with Google Voice".
To this end, I have taken your vicar-telepathy source and made a 4 line modification in connection.cpp that should dial out using Google Voice.
I have confirmed that those 4 lines do work - in a standalone test app.

The problem is testing this CM. I modified vicar.profile and vicar.manager and put them into /usr/share/osso-rtcom and /usr/share/telepathy/managers respectively, but that doesn't seem to be enough for the button to appear on the contacts list.

My sources are here, can you please have a look and help me understand what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

@uvatbc - You need to create a telepathy account before you can use your custom CM. You can do this manually for testing. Edit /home/user/.rtcom-accounts/accounts.cfg and add a section for your telepathy account similar to vicar. Reboot your device and if everything else is configured properly the button should come up in contacts.

You can automate installing/verifying/removing telepathy account by adding steps in postinst/postrm scripts. If you need the source code look in vicar-utils.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post:
So everything was working fine with me till I picked up the latest update. Since then ViCar is not working for me and it ended up costing me big time.
Not blaming you, its my fault, but with vicar installed I got into the habit of calling international numbers directly and since it was not working, it dialed directly through ATT, now I dont know how much they will charge me for this 40 mins call.
Anyways, so I go now and try to enable vicar routing, and it gives me an error message "Unable to enable call routing". I have tried rebooting, same thing.
Anyone else seeing something similar?

Originally Posted by activemind View Post
So everything was working fine with me till I picked up the latest update. Since then ViCar is not working for me and it ended up costing me big time.
Not blaming you, its my fault, but with vicar installed I got into the habit of calling international numbers directly and since it was not working, it dialed directly through ATT, now I dont know how much they will charge me for this 40 mins call.
Anyways, so I go now and try to enable vicar routing, and it gives me an error message "Unable to enable call routing". I have tried rebooting, same thing.
Anyone else seeing something similar?
@activemind - I am really sorry to hear this. The culprit must be the "Call Directly on Default" setting in Vicar. If a matching profile is not found and this setting is enabled, the calls will be routed via your operator. When you updated Vicar, did you loose all the profiles?

Looking some more into it, I went back and verified that vicar is "routing enabled" and "call directly on default" is disabled. Went back and it did a call, and sure enough, vicar did not pick it up.
Earlier, it would disconnect the call and start a new one to my calling card, now nothing. Its like vicar does not find a matching rule or something, I will try mucking around with the profile and see if I need something else, but its the same profile that worked before the update.
So is NO one else seeing this problem? I rebooted twice and still the same behavior, vicar does not intercept the call and pick it up!

@activemind - Can you run this command, reproduce the error and send me the log file?

Code:
dbus-monitor --session > /home/user/MyDocs/dbus_log.txt

Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
Hi there,

I like the application and use it too, great app, so thanks for the effort.

I want to ask for a clarification, With my previous phone (nokia 5800 a Symbian based phone) my network operator (3 Australia) would allow me free skype to skype calls without counting my data pack usage, this is something I am missing as I used just call friends and families for free and on the go. Basically, everytime I selected a skype contact to talk to it would dial out a local mobile number and then it would connect me to skype user (on their PC) on the other side, can use this app for same functionality?

Thanks
Has anyone managed to get Vicar to route Skype calls through 3 access number? I am on 3 UK but from what vivmak wrote it seems like it works the same in both countries. Thanks!