Active Topics

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ malaysia
im also agreed with Joseph.skb.....some country maybe its cost for 3g conversation is costly and maybe not available for them due to telco operator restriction...im also voting for 3G video call because mostly of others people having this native function on their phone...not all having skype or internet calling function...that the reason why we all need that function for this time being..

Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
I'll vote for 3G video call!!!

I don't have any friends who's on Skype + video cam all the time

And I don't know anyone personally who is using N900

So, I would really love to have 3G video call

Thanks.
yea me too i dont have to many friends using skype besides get conected to internet packages is more expensive than 3g video call services at least in my country thats why i am with the video call not with skype, i have a skype account activated but believe me or ask me if anytime i have a make a skype video call? never and now after pr 1.3 there is no options in my contacts to make video call with skype i dont know what is the problem but i can use this service. so once again ill stay with the 3g video call and i am living here very close to usa and we do have 3g video call, and its very popular rather than skype or other account.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Has anyone had success in getting Nokia's attention to develop an application? Please share what needs to be done?

Can the developers reading this consider this as a priority?

I don't have experience in development and I don't know the process to submit an application request. Appreciate any help! Thanks in advance.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Nokia should get some consistency in support of functions.

N8: "native" 3G network videocall but no Skype (coming somewhere in 2011)
N900: Skype nicely integrated but no native 3G videocall
By selectively crippling their phones (ie removing functionality) Nokia hopes to introduce enough segmentation that you will buy both a "business" phone and a "multimedia" phone and hence increase their sales/profits.

Posts: 107 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ India . Mumbai
Here in India too..3g is very new and Everyone is So much excited for Video calling...But N900 have upset me with Video calling when its loaded With So much Possibilities!

Skype Is The least i use......When other phones have straight Video calling facilities!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
I don't understand why everyone is rushing to have their own walled off garden of video call standards put out there.
We've already got video calling over Skype, the most widely used VOIP application in the world, that works on 3G or Wi-Fi. What more do you need?
3G video calling is the standard; skype is the walled garden.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
First they try to cramp everything into a phone (PDA, GPS, camera, entertainment,...), and now that consumers have adapted to the 'swiss-army phone', they want to reverse the process and segment the phones? Who's going to INTENTIONALLY carry 2 phones for different functionality? I have 2 phones, 1 is a company assigned Blackberry, and the other is my personal N900. But in actual fact, I'd rather just carry 1 phone that fits all.

By selectively crippling their phones (ie removing functionality) Nokia hopes to introduce enough segmentation that you will buy both a "business" phone and a "multimedia" phone and hence increase their sales/profits.

Originally Posted by Siddarth View Post
Here in India too..3g is very new and Everyone is So much excited for Video calling...But N900 have upset me with Video calling when its loaded With So much Possibilities!

Skype Is The least i use......When other phones have straight Video calling facilities!
Have faith, my friend, we have some great and wonderful developers here who may be able to help

But for now, I suggest, if you have lemons...make lemonade. There's no harm having and learning new technology - Skype. It may come in handy

I would love to have 3G video call. 3G video calls are "free" for me at least for next one and half year.

I don't know so many skype friends.

The Following User Says Thank You to ju-maha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ malaysia
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
First they try to cramp everything into a phone (PDA, GPS, camera, entertainment,...), and now that consumers have adapted to the 'swiss-army phone', they want to reverse the process and segment the phones? Who's going to INTENTIONALLY carry 2 phones for different functionality? I have 2 phones, 1 is a company assigned Blackberry, and the other is my personal N900. But in actual fact, I'd rather just carry 1 phone that fits all.
ha ha..im also still using 2 phone right now..1 for calling,sms and of coz for video calling over 3G with my friends and for my N900 is use for internet and networking during travelling or outstation..hope i can stick to one phone next time..still waiting the moment become truth..