Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It needs saved searches, and either I'm using it wrong or the new start where you have to choose between tweeting or searching is awfully clunky.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London
I don't really use searches so I'm not to sure what the UI is like but I'd like to just make sure that witter doesn't whither away a died as I've prefered it over any of the other clients for maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to SpandexBob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
have DM'd SpandexBob, happy for others to take up the reins, will also be happy to answer questions about my terrible coding.
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It needs saved searches, and either I'm using it wrong or the new start where you have to choose between tweeting or searching is awfully clunky.
The idea I had been heading towards was that this page would ulitmately show all of you're configured accounts and be the jumping point into which ever one you wanted to check. it wouldn't of gotten any less clunky, but for those with multiple account would have provided an alternative to switching the 'active' account in account panel.
that had been the theory, didn't get that far.
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwould For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Southern Germany
Originally Posted by dwould View Post
The idea I had been heading towards was that this page would ulitmately show all of you're configured accounts and be the jumping point into which ever one you wanted to check. it wouldn't of gotten any less clunky, but for those with multiple account would have provided an alternative to switching the 'active' account in account panel.
that had been the theory, didn't get that far.
That would be a great improvement. It always looked somehow inconsistent and unfinished to me but thought that way things make sense.

I've DM'd dwould so hopefully we can sort out me taking over.

First off I've got to get my head around the code. Once I've achieved that I'll have a look at the bugs in the tracker, look at the statuses and if they are still applicable. I'll look to clear as many of them up as possible.

I'd like to start compiling a wish list of features that people would like to see in witter. Maybe start a wiki page or something where they can be listed. Then I can see where people want witter to go, I can then use that as a jumping off point for further development.

Cheers for offers to help as well, people testing, requesting features, offering to help with the code are all really useful and much appreciated.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpandexBob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Saved searches! Twitter has them. In my opinion, if you aren't searching you aren't experiencing Twitter to its best advantage.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
saved searches would be nice. Also i think the UI needs a bit of tweaking, so each 'tab' has the @, DM etc bar as well as 'top' at the bottom because scrolling often ends up with unwittingly opening a random tweet.

Wow that was quick, replies already.

Ok so I've started taking notes on what people want to see from witter.

I've put up a quick blog post http://spandexbob.posterous.com/taking-over-a-projec

I'll look to getting a wiki page or something up over the weekend. Also a witter blog will be on its way.

The Following User Says Thank You to SpandexBob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
The other thing it needs if possible is the option to see who has retweeted you

Tags
python, twitter