Is there a way to get a generic dual-stick-clone gamepad to work with n900 and the emulators... It seems to recognize it, but it has no function what so ever and none of the light light up

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
I'm attaching another log, for Patriot 16GB USB stick. For this one I needed to hit 2 times Mount before it appeared in File Manager.
yeah, almost all times you need to hit it twice, I`m not sure if it`s a bug or not

Usb mouse doesn't work for me :/ I've installed bt-hid-scrpits. I can mount pendrives and card readers but when I connect mouse it doesn't react. Mouse cursor doesn't move, but mouse lights are on. Please help btw I have power kernel installed. I just don't know what to do :/

mouse works for me but i cannot see the cursor - anyone had this issue? if i click i can see it reacts but no cursor...

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
mouse works for me but i cannot see the cursor - anyone had this issue? if i click i can see it reacts but no cursor...
you need to install bt-hid-scripts (you don't have to download from there, it's in extras-devel) and call "showmouse" from XTerm.

but beware, it will mess up kinetic scrolling.

ok issue solved - i installed ExtMou and cursor is working and also a wireless mouse that previously didn't work.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
working devices

"Carrefour" class card reader
Gembird NIC-U1 ( device id 0b95:772a, ASIX chip )

card reader work fine but xD card dont mount from button . it must mount manually. PNY 32G sd card mount ok from button. other media not tested yet.
ethernet adapter detected but dhcp is useless.
I add ip, route, dns settings mannualy
Attached Images

Last edited by blue_led; 2010-11-26 at 16:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by keljuk View Post
Is there a way to get a generic dual-stick-clone gamepad to work with n900 and the emulators... It seems to recognize it, but it has no function what so ever and none of the light light up
it is working - i was playing with such a joystick - connected my n900 to the TV and played mame games, playstation games with the emulator, and mupen 64 - amazing - the N900 has now become a full game console...

i used mgtech joystick:
http://img.zap.co.il/pics/5/6/1/1/21601165b.gif

just got my order from ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Female-USB-M...item2c58fe92c9

no extra cables, very easy to carry around.

very small and works great!

Anyone get a usb serial adapter working? Someone in the "[Announce] USB hostmode beta release" thread said that they did, but the one I have does not work. Mine has a Prolific PL2303 chipset in it. I never get the /dev/ttyUSB0 created. This same adapter works fine on the PC running Debian or Ubuntu. If anyone has a usb serial working, what chipset is it using?

Tags
awesome!, bada rox, h-e-n hostmode, more noise