Notices

Hello fellow MeeGoons.

I've successfully installed Titan's power45 kernel with u-boot, and I have latest MeeGo from trunk on my SD card, installed as described in http://meego.com/devices/handset/ins...ego-nokia-n900.

Just one question: I don't get it how to boot it from u-boot? Where should I place MeeGo's kernel?

EDITIED: okay, found it here and in many other places: http://blog.gbraad.nl/2010/11/how-to...ego-11-on.html

With u-boot, it's as simple as create small fat32 3rd partition on MicroSD and copy created with mkimage uImage there. Worked like a charm.

Last edited by reflexing; 2010-11-17 at 12:50. Reason: discovered it myself

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
hmm i just new issues no solutions?
whats about my charge/boot problem?
any suggests?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

My battery is DEAD! All day it has been draining like never before after updating the kernel. Removed and will wait for further info if that stopped the drain

ALi

i got no problem at all...

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
hmm i just new issues no solutions?
whats about my charge/boot problem?
any suggests?
I've had a similar problem. I lose sound and vibration whenever I reboot too fast, i.e. use rhe reboot button (if enabled) or switch off and turn on straight away.

Try restarting a few times, but let it rest half a minute before you turn it on. It could also help to remove the battery betweem restarts.

Good luck!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Any updates to the camera fixes please?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
for people with problem caused by uboot in power kernel v45
try updating to v46 recently released with uboot disabled, hope it will fix unwanted issues caused by uboot (which i dont have a problem so far)

changelogs available here https://garage.maemo.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=6570

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
hmm two things.. 1. i dont get the pinguin anymore and that stuff but boots normal (just want to confirm that everything is okay ?!? )
2. my radio app doesnt work anymore.. worked before (i dont mean the transmitter, i mean the actual radio app). There are 2 versions in the cataloge, one of them doesnt even start, the other one starts but no sound output !?

anyone update enhanced kernel V46 yet? being a noob don't want to dive in head first and when it all goes wrong have sleepless nights trying to figure out how to fix it.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
I just updated it earlier today. It installed fine, and booted up like normal (no uboot screen, just the Nokia logo). I used to have problems with the device not playing any audio and not vibrating after rebooting with v45 but have yet to experience this.