Notices

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
With this latest version file assiociation still doesn't work for me. Same as previous version, files have freoffice's icones but can't be opened directly from emails or file manager.

@N900MAN
OpenOffice is quite slow, it takes almost 1 minute to starts.
Perhaps Abiword from easy debian would be a more feasible choice for the time being?

@Surreptitious: I've tried opening some pretty old .doc files included in Moria. I don't think it's due to unsupported formats. Abiword can open then just fine.

009N@

I'm already using both Abiwords (maemo and easy Debian), also both Gnumerics. I also know for dbus-switchboard. I just like to see that developers of FreOffice succeed with fully functional app which could be very useful to someone who is not so familiar with Easy Debian and other stuff.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Last update caused Freoffice stop running.

Error message:
"ACCELERATOR STARTS
Segmentation fault "

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post

Error message:
"ACCELERATOR STARTS
Segmentation fault "
For now, downgrade to 0.2-9 and wait for a new version. You can fetch the .deb from here:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...eoffice/0.2-9/
I downgraded, and it works again. Guess there is a bug in the new version.

Originally Posted by Mebore View Post
Well you gain one and lose one...
This new version made it possibly for me to open email attachments directly. Sadly to say there is somthing wrong when reading files. I have a document wth .doc ending that is 6 pages. When I open it it randomly does not show every page. I could for instans se page 1,3,4,6 but 2 and 4 is blank. In editing mode however I can mark those pages and then I se the text but unmarked they dissaper.

When I close and reopen the document it could be other pages that is blank. I have tested several documents and its the same.
Changing fonts or color of fonts does not help.
Other than that the new layout of the app is nice!
Just for the record. I tried to downgrade to 0.2-9 but the same problem occured. With a longer word document (.doc) some of the pages gets blank. Does not matter if I try to zoom in or out, or from what angle I try to start it. In edit mode I can mark the blank page and then I see the written text but its white blank when not marked.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mebore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Suriname
009N@

I'm already using both Abiwords (maemo and easy Debian), also both Gnumerics. I also know for dbus-switchboard. I just like to see that developers of FreOffice succeed with fully functional app which could be very useful to someone who is not so familiar with Easy Debian and other stuff.
@Kolos fully agree with you. that the developers succeed in building a usefull application.
i am also using easy deibian gnumeric and dbus-switchboard.

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post

Error message:
"ACCELERATOR STARTS
Segmentation fault "
Originally Posted by Nokia 5700 View Post
For now, downgrade to 0.2-9 and wait for a new version. You can fetch the .deb from here:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...eoffice/0.2-9/
I downgraded, and it works again. Guess there is a bug in the new version.
See this.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=194

I don't know what happened, but today file association started to work for FreOffice 0.3-0. Firstly I upgraded from 0.2-9, but then I decided to completely remove app and make fresh 0.3-0 installation. I made fresh installation few days ago and again yesterday, but in both occasions nothing changed. After every procedure I rebooted the phone. Because there was no success I decided to leave the things as they are. After that (yesterday and today) I tested few new app which I installed and removed, also I rebooted the phone after every procedure. Then few hours ago I was looking something in File Manager and accidentally press on one document which initiated FreOffice.
So, now I can open directly from File manager and email client doc, docx, odp, ods, odt, pps, ppt, pptx and xlsx files.

Issues:
- some pictures in pps and ppt presentation* are not visible, but text on top of them is visible;
- the same presentation in pptx format has visible all pictures, but text on top of them have black background and because font is also black, text is not visible;
- the same presentation in odp format is without any text, but all pictures are visible;
- ppsx files are not supported and have icon with question mark;
- some odt files cause crashing, which is actually not related with file size;
- xlsx files have icon with question mark.

* I have same presentation in different formats (pps, ppt, pptx, ppsx and odp) which all work great on PC (OpenOffice).

Swing option in presentations is very nice!

I couldn't test xls files because I have them associated with Gnumeric. Another thing, I don't use DocsToGo and after I upgraded to PR1.3 I didn't install dbus-switchboard, so I don't have a clue what triggered file association.

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
I don't know what happened, but today file association started to work for FreOffice 0.3-0. Firstly I upgraded from 0.2-9, but then I decided to completely remove app and make fresh 0.3-0 installation. I made fresh installation few days ago and again yesterday, but in both occasions nothing changed. After every procedure I rebooted the phone. Because there was no success I decided to leave the things as they are. After that (yesterday and today) I tested few new app which I installed and removed, also I rebooted the phone after every procedure. Then few hours ago I was looking something in File Manager and accidentally press on one document which initiated FreOffice.
So, now I can open directly from File manager and email client doc, docx, odp, ods, odt, pps, ppt, pptx and xlsx files.

Issues:
- some pictures in pps and ppt presentation* are not visible, but text on top of them is visible;
- the same presentation in pptx format has visible all pictures, but text on top of them have black background and because font is also black, text is not visible;
- the same presentation in odp format is without any text, but all pictures are visible;
- ppsx files are not supported and have icon with question mark;
- some odt files cause crashing, which is actually not related with file size;
- xlsx files have icon with question mark.

* I have same presentation in different formats (pps, ppt, pptx, ppsx and odp) which all work great on PC (OpenOffice).

Swing option in presentations is very nice!

I couldn't test xls files because I have them associated with Gnumeric. Another thing, I don't use DocsToGo and after I upgraded to PR1.3 I didn't install dbus-switchboard, so I don't have a clue what triggered file association.
Just tried removing dbus-switchboard, and FreOffice, rebooted, re-installed FreOffice, rebooted.

.ods and .odt files still aren't associated with FreOffice.

You must have triggered something that sets mime types? Maybe the Extra Codecs pack?

EDIT.

Re-installing decoders-support (Extra Codecs) did the trick:
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall decoders-support
It's not actually this particular package that does magic, but I don't remember how to reload/re-associate mime types. I do believe this can be done using a single command (which should be run when installing FreOffice)...

Last edited by DrWilken; 2010-11-21 at 15:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Suriname
@Kolos : When you create a new file are you now able save it ???