Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by tHMZ View Post
Everything is OK. Except you still have a problem with most viewed. Not to be an idiot but this means a lot. I would like to view the most viewed instead of most viewed per month, And I don't think you have to set it to "today" instead of "month". All the new music videos are on top.

Thanks. Errything else works just fine. Downloading especially. Can you make mplayer stretch the video when you open it? Some videos are 2.35:1 by default, but some still don't fill the screen.

THANKS A BILLION TRILLIONS
I can only access what the YouTube API provides. I am not using any of the 'most viewed' feeds atm. 'Most popular' is what is used now. Also, if I provide the feed that you want, what about those that prefer the existing one? I can't please everyone.

Have a read at http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/...ml#Video_Feeds and explain which feed you want me to use.

EDIT: Is this the one? http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/s...wed?time=today

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2010-11-23 at 19:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
hey marxian do you think your app could go to testings/extras?
where can i vote for it?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Originally Posted by atilla View Post
hey marxian do you think your app could go to testings/extras?
where can i vote for it?
I'm pretty sure that you can't vote for applications in extras-devel. It's down to me to decide when to promote it to testing, then you can vote for it.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Is there a reason that the downloads window isn't availible from the start screen? I can't find it in the menu either..

Originally Posted by robbie View Post
Is there a reason that the downloads window isn't availible from the start screen? I can't find it in the menu either..
It's becomes available when you place a video in the download queue, which is done from the video info window that you get to by clicking on an item in the video list. There's no purpose is giving you access to an empty download window.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
thankyou for your work marxian. it is very refreshing to see a developer get so involved with the end users and take on board all the feedback. you have a good sense of what is right - so know whatever you do is appreciated.

and as someone metioned earlier - setup a paypal link im sure some ppl would love to donate. or not

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
just updated to latest version and theres no more 360p and 480p stream to choose, wasnt them suppose to be available when mplayer is choosed?
sorry for bad english and thanks for the app

Originally Posted by Hxen500 View Post
just updated to latest version and theres no more 360p and 480p stream to choose, wasnt them suppose to be available when mplayer is choosed?
sorry for bad english and thanks for the app
I removed those options for the time being because the framerate is too low when you play the stream in mplayer. I'm working on an internal media player, and I'll hopefully be able to bring back the option to play at least 360p.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
First of all: best YouTube client for the N900 so far, thank you.

Secondly: I'd say it would be more important to have that software buffer you talked few posts ago than full built-in player. So far I haven't found a single video which would play "watchable" buffering (I get "buffering" messages every two-four seconds).

cuteTube + KMplayer would be ultimate combo if the buffering issue could be resolved.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
my very first app downloaded from devel, kudos to you marxian!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to ayos! For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube