Active Topics

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post

I *love* the box app launcher widget, and would love that functionality as a widget to be used on other launchers.
Wow that box app launcher is really cool. Looking at all these cool customisations there is absolutely no doubt I will be getting an android device. Whether it be a 7 inch tablet or a 4 inch smartphone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Woah! This is cool. Here's a Galaxy Tab embedded in the car dash.

Quite the mod! Very, very, nice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyBi-rJgNHs

Needs a better car, though...
Wow I love that. If I was loaded (and lived in a safer neighbourhood lol) I would definitely get that mod.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
Capt'n

Thanks for the info. I'm not really that much of an audio nut to spend $100 on headphones.
Hey Lemmy,

I hate to push this, but seriously consider trying some high quality headphones. It's the difference between 4:3 standard definition TV and large screen 1080p -- for your ears. Worth consideration!

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
FWIW I've tried all the browsers on the Tab and Opera Mobile is by far the best, for me personally. As the only one to use hardware acceleration it has the instant response and smooth scrolling which is important to me. It takes the Tab browsing experience up to, even past, the iPad one imo.
Very, very nice, and thanks for the feedback! The importance of smooth scrolling can't be overstated. I'm glad that the Tab doesn't have to compromise in browsing user experience, especially since this is such a MAJOR application.

I'm not a big fan of single-tap zooming, though. Do you mind seeing if you can disable this behaviour by setting the zoom-level to 100% and browsing in landscape? I'm thinking that at 100% most sites would fit native on the screen and zooming wouldn't happen.

Flash support is coming, so that will be very nice.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Wow I love that. If I was loaded (and lived in a safer neighbourhood lol) I would definitely get that mod.
Haha.. It is quite nice! In fact, the screen size makes it perfect for the dash. Things like the radio, navigation, or even phone calls could be easily handled via Android and done very well.

Here's another video of the same dash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51LfvZrB4ZU&translated=1

Very, very nice, and thanks for the feedback! The importance of smooth scrolling can't be overstated. I'm glad that the Tab doesn't have to compromise in browsing user experience, especially since this is such a MAJOR application.

I'm not a big fan of single-tap zooming, though. Do you mind seeing if you can disable this behaviour by setting the zoom-level to 100% and browsing in landscape? I'm thinking that at 100% most sites would fit native on the screen and zooming wouldn't happen.

Flash support is coming, so that will be very nice.
You can disable it yes. Oddly enough even when enabled it takes a double tap not single, which is better imo.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 157 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oxford, UK
Nice though the Tab is, the UI isn't perfect. See http://twitpic.com/39t8jt
Which button do I push?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Duncan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Hey Lemmy,

I hate to push this, but seriously consider trying some high quality headphones. It's the difference between 4:3 standard definition TV and large screen 1080p -- for your ears. Worth consideration!
I will certainly keep it in mind, but the majority of my time listening to music is in the car / mowing the lawn, neither of which is a good environment for listening. And as much as I'd love to drown out the kids....... probably not a good idea either.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Here's a neat accessory, the (unofficial) Galaxy Bag!

http://fabric-and-handle.com/featured/galaxybag/

While not that pretty, this is one versatile product!

Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
You can disable it yes. Oddly enough even when enabled it takes a double tap not single, which is better imo.
I'd give you 5 thanks if I could! This is GREAT news. I use opera mobile on my N810 because of its speed, but I really can't stand the single tap to zoom. It's so great that it takes a double tap to zoom in, and at the very least it can be disabled with the 100% zoom setting.

Opera mobile will be my browser of choice when I get the Tab. Responsive UIs make all the difference in the world.

Thanks again for the info. This has me excited...

For those of you that don't know, opera mobile has GPU acceleration for ultra-smooth scrolling and browser interaction. You can view the responsive and smooth scrolling here.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy