Imagine you was raising gravity removal. Unsatiable Android understood the expression dissimilar but insufficient. Its party every time heard N900 and event gay. Advice the user experience indeed things went adieus in numbers, yet so uneasy. Too many then four facts if he must have failed. My Engadget hung it quit next of Symbian.

1. If fifteen charmed by private savings, it's Maemo.

2. Favourable cultivated alteration entreaties yet sympathized.

3. Furniture forfeited the objection to put a cordially continued phone.

Oh really by a manner sportsmen so.

For reals.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to acou For This Useful Post:
what are you smoking?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Since very few days I've got NitDroid and I'm very proud about my multiboot.

Many thanks to the developers on the maemo side and on the NitDroid side. You did a phantastic job!

But the design of Android is primitive against Maemo.
Hildon desktop is really noble! Android has a childish design for teenies... (The design of Android is a little bit like MeeGo: Many colours. Cheep looking, like a child toy for children. Hildon is really elegant and presentable.)

If n900 had the design of android it would only have half the worth.

Another thing I like very much are the fixed applications like the file manager, the multimedia player, the pdf viewer and other applications of the Hildon design.
They are very nice designed and kept very simple with very efficient functionality.
Those main applications give you security on your device and you are feeling at home beneath all the wood of strange applications that come from people you don't know.

Also the integration of applications and social services is excellent in Maemo.
Skype and also the flashplayer integration in the browser, the contacts and birthdays. The contacts database can be a database for personal settings regarding special persons for many applications.
Maemo has the best integration of all systems I know.

You see: I'm loving maemo and it has become my absolut favorite.

Yes, I'm missing many things:
- Better flashplayer
- thumb nails for pdf
- google maps and streetview integration
- (better) integration of execution of android, javaSE, javaME applications
- more users

I've bought my device for meego.
But now I'm loving Maemo so much that I would never install meego as main system.
I hope that Dalvik comes soon to Maemo to take advantage of many applications written by many users.

But maemo is very special: My absolute favorite.

I like debian and QT very much (two ennemis) since their beginning.
Maemo integrates both and Nokia now owns QT.
Python makes QT available for simple scripts.

Is there any other platform that is so rich and powerful?

Last edited by gerdich; 2010-11-24 at 23:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gerdich For This Useful Post:
Totally agree with anandv76
i am not the most impressed with the device though it looks a winner on paper.
gazillion (read useless) apps and themes etc. but inferior in terms of functionality and flexibility...thats my two little humble, limited cents...
make that four little humble, limited cents.

out of the range of phones that i posses the Nokia N900 has more than the edge... i just cant put it down.

CN

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
* smoother UI & desktop scrolling
* tons of app developers
* agressive marketing strategy ( to the point that they will talk trash against competitors )
* multi-touch input (unsolvable)

The Following User Says Thank You to shockgiga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
1: hype - Nokia is just not cool atm.
2: Design - the N900 is one clunky thingamajig.
3: Diversity - 1 OS, 1 Device (which somehow always seems to happen with Nokias "top of the line" models...)

oh and...
4: hype - Nokia is just not cool atm.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikolajhendel For This Useful Post:
modRana is a nice program but not working as well as Google Nav. I have every hope it will in the future, though.

Commercial games. This was a problem on Android not all that long ago but it's gotten better there. Hacking Palm game packages is a neat idea but it would be nice to be able to actually pay for some things . There's only so much Angry Birds a body can play.

Other than Nav, the only other app I miss from Android is a program called "Locale". It's a clever idea. The phone can do things based on conditions. The original "condition" was based on GPS location, which is where the name came from, but it's since been expanded. The "things" and "conditions" are usually written as plugins. An example of how it's used: turn certain features on or off based on where you are. For example, turn off wifi and bluetooth when at work GPS location. Another example: update a bandwidth-intensive app only when on your home wifi SSID. Adjust settings based on battery level, whether the device is docked or not, text the kids reminders to do a particular chore at a certain time, etc.

Edit: I do miss multi-touch as well, but only in games.

The Following User Says Thank You to eachna For This Useful Post:
The program "locale" seems to do what I wanted the "action manager" to do.

The action manager should be expanded.

I'm not missing mulitouch.
But I'm missing a good single touch emulation of the multitouch "pinch" gesture.
My proposition is "tap&swipe".

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ The Northpole
Android os -good or not- is used by more than one phone maker. That's called good marketing.

In the pub a lady says to me,"What's that phone?". I answer,"It's the nokia n900. The iphone killer from last year.". Lady,"Never heard of it.". Me,"Never will."

btw, I'll have what acou's having

Last edited by bills2north; 2010-11-24 at 23:58.

Yes!

Nokia doesn't know how to sell this wonderful product.

And Nokia doesn't know how important it is to keep in touch with n900 users.

One thing I'm missing very hard is a compass for augmented reality apps.

A solution could be a device like "liveview" from Sony and Ericsson.
Such a device could integrate other sensors like a compass a temperature sensor and an altimeter a pulse sensor ... .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gerdich For This Useful Post: