Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
I use Zagg smartbuds. Out of all the cheap ones I tried none worked or they worked only on one side. The Zaggs work although you have to plug them in and then unplug them a few times before the N900 recognizes that a headphone has been plugged in. They hang on your shoulders and do not fall off. Although to tell you the truth I have not used it in phone mode since I use my E71 for calls and my N900 does not have a SIM card installed.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
@jvanhou did you get this (below), I don't suppose you can spare a few minutes to respond?
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Which 2 reviews are you speaking of, most grateful if you can you recall?
<SNIP>
Nah I want everything built into the cans, I don't want a separate "dangly" item w/cords etc.
What a shame.....
<SNIP>
@Maruzko, I don't suppose you can spare few minutes to address this?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...955#post874955

Okay I've updated my OP, I've narrowed it down to 3...
In my scratched list I've included the main reasons I can recall (so far) for scratching them.

Please can you add your thoughts on which of the 3 I should get?
If you're absolutely certain one of the scratched items should be returned to the short-list, please state your rationale.

Thank-you very much everyone for your help/time, tis appreciated!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
All sorted a couple of days ago...
If anyone cares I'll share the details on how I came to the optimal selection for my needs.
Otherwise, happy to keep to myself

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
All sorted a couple of days ago...
If anyone cares I'll share the details on how I came to the optimal selection for my needs.
Otherwise, happy to keep to myself
Ok - I've been in pretty much the same boat - trying to figure out which BT headphones to get for my workouts.

I settled on the Motorola S10-HD. I hate them! They are physically painful to wear, they bobble up and down too much due to the extra weight in the neck portion, and the sound is awful (really tinny). I am going back to my (unfortunately, wired) Sennheiser CX 380 sport in-ear earphones. They are completely sweat-proof and are comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.

I'm dying to know - what did you pick and why?

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Monterrey Mexico
I use the Altec Lansing BackBeat 903
Very good sound quality, call cantrol at leftside , player control on right side.
also a good thing it charges with a Micro-USB same as N900
http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/a...-33490843.html

Works like a charm with my N900.

Originally Posted by matristain View Post
Very good sound quality, call cantrol at leftside , player control on right side.

Aren't you concerned about how resistant it is to sweat - if you're using it for working out?

I use these as well (the Backbeat 903's). However, I don't sweat wearing them, I take brisk walks, and bellydance.

I do love that these charge with the same charger as my phone. It means I can use a single car charger (I used a split charger when I had the Motorola S9-HD bluetooth because it used mini-USB).

The mic appears to be much more powerful on these (than the S9HD). When I talk hands-free in my car, people comment that they can hear my windshield wipers, engine sounds, etc. They can also hear me just fine.

They're so much lighter-feeling than the S9's. I didn't find the stiff bar around the back of my head "that" annoying, but it is nice to have it replaced with a flexible wire.

Looking at the way these are sealed, I don't really see anywhere that sweat would soak into the circuits. All the seams are closed with rubber (which I would expect would form a tighter seal than plastic).

So, I would say you could at least "risk it".

Originally Posted by eachna View Post
So, I would say you could at least "risk it".

Unfortunately, even earphones that are marketed as "sweat-proof" often fail after coming in contact with sweat. I sweat alot when I run and work out and I've had other earphones simply stop working. This is a common problem I've seen in other reviews for different earphones.

The Following User Says Thank You to dms666 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dms666 View Post
Unfortunately, even earphones that are marketed as "sweat-proof" often fail after coming in contact with sweat. I sweat alot when I run and work out and I've had other earphones simply stop working. This is a common problem I've seen in other reviews for different earphones.
Fair enough. .

This seems to be a consistent problem with headsets (finding ones good for jogging). Since the tech exists to create sweatproof WIRED headsets, I don't see why someone can't get organized and make a wireless headset that works.

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010

I get this one under 30$. Pair very easily with the N900. The sound is a bit choppy in a windy bad weather condition, however works smoothly inside. I am not exactly sure if this one has active noise cancelling. Could someone confirm?

Thanks.