Active Topics

Notices

bump!

somebody with the know-how please help us out here; facebrick was the pants.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by turbowei View Post
I guess the author bought a new phone and left us in the dust.
w00t explains his reasons for ceasing work on the facebrick project here: http://blog.rburchell.com/2010/09/fa...ne-for-me.html

Just to tease you guys I will add that I am actively considering developing a Facebook aplication for the N900 in the near future. w00t's coments (in the blog post linked to above) are discouraging, but I will at least look into it. I don't use Facebook much myself, but the popularity of such an application makes it a tempting idea.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2010-11-27 at 01:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
w00t explains his reasons for ceasing work on the facebrick project here: http://blog.rburchell.com/2010/09/fa...ne-for-me.html

Just to tease you guys I will add that I am actively considering developing a Facebook aplication for the N900 in the near future. w00t's coments (in the blog post linked to above) are discouraging, but I will at least look into it. I don't use Facebook much myself, but the popularity of such an application makes it a tempting idea.
Why not just fix the application and improve on it instead? I see no reason to have the same twitter-app fiasco (look at the repos, tens of twitter clients, one client misses the feature of another) for facebook.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Coventry, UK
I changed my facebook password. I've since had to re-authenticate with various applications that connect with facebook, but facebrick is the only one that has failed. I even deleted the application from inside facebook, logged in through facebrick and gave the permissions again.
Each time I start facebrick I get a login screen for the mobile site. If I log in there it tells me there was an error with my application. If I click off it another login screen pops up. When I log in with that one, or if I don't log in at all I get a 104 error (incorrect signature). Can anyone help?

Just to update you guys: The reason FaceBrick is not working if you're not already logged in is because Facebook is deprecating the API qfacebookconnect/libqfacebook is using. QFacebook implements the new API, but changing FaceBrick to work with this library won't be just a small change and is not something I have had time to do.

Instead of keep waiting, I happen to come across with this on funnyfacebook.tk
(http://www.facebook.com/connect/prom...e.php&extern=2)

I'm currently using this to post my status update "via Nokia N900". It is clean, simple, and it works. You can add this site as a shortcut to desktop to make it look like an application

Last edited by wongjemi85; 2010-12-15 at 12:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to wongjemi85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bristol, UK
hi,
guyz iv got a problem. i installed it and when it asks me for my facebook detail, i put them in and then i get "error 104: incorrect signature error". how can i fix this? i really want to use this facebook.
secondly can anyone direct me to where i can learn how to make applications. i know a bit of C++ and i want to chip in my part in this community

thanks guyz

saud

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Whats the deal guys, is face brick dead or what?

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by carlon View Post
Whats the deal guys, is face brick dead or what?
No, more in hibernation for the moment. Brik is working on converting it to work with the new API, but this is not a quick process, and will take some time.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
I was just wondering. If the N900 can run Palm games, why can't, for example, the Palm Facebook application be ported to Maemo? Just a thought.

Tags
bada rox, hit and run, what a poser