hey guys, after certain amount of time since i boot my phone all the app shortcuts and widget will stop responding. i can still flip through desktops and contact shortcuts would still work. all notifications would stop working as well (calls, emails) i have noticed that if i reboot my phone again everything would work fine initially until couple hours later. any idea on what's wrong with my phone and how can i fix this problem??? thank you very much guys!!!

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Most probably a desktop widget that takes over all cpu.
Can you give a list of desktop widgets you have.

nicolai

i dont have many really. i have 9 widgets across all 4 desktops. and for the matter of app shortcuts. if i open up menu and choose them from there they just work fine. but not on the screen as shortcuts.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by greatmanlxw View Post
i dont have many really.

It isn't important how many wigdets you use, but which ones.

Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
It isn't important how many wigdets you use, but which ones.
ok, i have the home today calendar, currency exchanger, world clock,OMweather widget,personal ip address and personal countdown. that's all the widget i have

i have this exactly same issue as reported by OP, digital clock and contacts still work, if i try to edit my desktop to add new widget i cant get to desktop edit menu, all other menus work just fine. i have a conky, term and app search shortcuts and touch search widgets, besides one contact and the digital clock that i reported earlier, only one desktop with milkway background. well one image talks more than a thousand words isnt?

how can i track this down?

also how can i reset the wm? killall X?

on htop, htop itself is consuming more cpu, followed by X and status-menu. so nothing really noticeable over there.

Last edited by greboide; 2010-12-01 at 03:21. Reason: forgot to mention htop

been having the same issues as the OP and searched previous threads, there are a couple or so but no ready solutions yet. killing hildon, rebooting, uninstalling widgets etc doesn't solve the problem.

worse, notifications, text messages etc don't show up either until after you reboot or whatever you end up doing to make desktop icons work again. also if you create a web shortcut on the desktop, it won't show up until you restart hildon. swiping between desktops & top bar work.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ finland
guess i'm having the same problem, but it have happened only about 3 times in 2 weeks. reboot helps.
i have home calendar widget, recaller, fmrdsnotify, mediaplayer widget (not the original), foreca weather widget, comic widget, moon phase widget, and many desktopcommandexcution widgets, and personal ip address widget.

i've been OC:d 250-850 for about 3 weeks now.

extras devel is enabled, and all exept power kernel is at its latest version.

Last edited by thej80; 2011-02-17 at 19:24. Reason: forgot a widget :)