Active Topics

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
A daemon could be made that listens to h-e-n's DBus signals and checks if a mouse is enumerated, but again, this isn't h-e-n's job.
usually that's a job for udev. So not even any special daemon needed. See /etc/udev/rules.d and man udev

e.g the automatic start of showmouse on mouse plug in could get handled in 50-udev.rules, around "# input devices", with a RUN+= parameter
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2010-12-02 at 15:09.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
I connected inexio 46" touchscreen to the N900 and it worked but was not calibrated. Where ever I touch the monitor it seems to get input only from left top. Is it somehow possible to emulat that as mouse? And after playing it for I while N900 built in touchscreen stopped working and I had to disconnect inexio touchscreen to get it working again.

@MohammadAG In response to your request to put the pmount source onto extras-devel, I've uploaded it but it fails on the autobuilder, seemingly with problems related to libblkid-dev (see https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fre...log.FAILED.txt) , though that is in the Build-Depends list. I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to this, but I've tried dpkg-genbuilddeps and can't see anything that looks wrong. I've also attempted to use sbdmock but can't locate configuration files for fremantle (though I can locate complaints by other users regarding lack of said configuration files). So while this may be OT, I'm kinda stuck and out of time to look for more other ideas...

The Following User Says Thank You to avidscavenger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
Wow, I dropped off the face of the earth and then this ... this is so impressive A word of caution: the usb connector broke off my n900 and I had to send it back for warranty service (the n900 is broken for other reasons ATM) so really truly do be careful about putting stress on it.

Hello, i have installed h-e-n app and tried it with flashdrive. It worked fine, but i have noticed that everytime i try to use my camera specially when opening the camera slider it wont open the default camera app. Instead shows "Operation Failed". Please help...

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by macky1730 View Post
Hello, i have installed h-e-n app and tried it with flashdrive. It worked fine, but i have noticed that everytime i try to use my camera specially when opening the camera slider it wont open the default camera app. Instead shows "Operation Failed". Please help...
Please see issues with kernel-power and certain devices, either upgrade fcam-drivers, or uninstall them.
This is NOT related to host mode

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Please see issues with kernel-power and certain devices, either upgrade fcam-drivers, or uninstall them.
This is NOT related to host mode
hello, thanks for d reply.. ive read the previous posts and found out that the fcam driver is having conflicts with h-e-n. i uninstalled fcam ang reboot.. now its working. thanks and good job!

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
for now, even while it's not explicitly noted somewhere, h-e-n GUI is supposed to end hostmode and disable VBUS boost mode, on closing it.
I'm not a fan of this concept, but as long as we are following it, it's actually necessary to keep it open during hostmode, and also I don't see any better way to enable hostmode than via some kind of GUI.
"safely remove" has already been suggested to Mohammad by me. Nevertheless AgogData's point is valid. Unless we change that concept of tearing down hostmode on closing GUI.

cheers
jOERG
Well start and stop through gui or system menu, and a status bar icon (or whatever you call those little icons that says if you're on 3G or wlan active and whatnot) to know if it's enabled would be a pretty good option in my opinion.

EDIT: Oops, I thought I was at the end of the thread
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Dear Mohammed,

Thanks to this wonderful app I was able to offload some of my photos during my sisters wedding onto a usb flash drive and continue with more shooting... nice

I would like to request the following feature if it is possible:
1. Options to mount using NTFS or ISO CD/DVD instead of running the script manually
2. To show a small icon in status bar if something is mounted. It is just for cosmetic sake. The icon could change color when vbus is active and based on speed

Is it possible to attach a usb tv tuner card and watch it on N900 or am just dreaming too much ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to leojab For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Haha, amazing...
NOTHING WILL STOP THIS COMMUNITY!

Thanks for the progress

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host