Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I use the media player widget and FM transmitter almost daily. I've experienced countless times where the widget stop responding. I need to remove the widget and reset it back (sometimes it removes my other widgets on all 4 screens). That usually solves the widget problem...but not a very good and effective way.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
2. The playlist tab picks up playlists I created on the device but does not pick up ones I created externally. Would be nice if possible for it to pick up external playlists as basically all my playllists are created on my PC.[/QUOTE]

YES YES! This would be fantastic. probably the one absolute annoyance I have the most with my awesome n900 is having to make new playlists "on" the device. If you think you can do this Nicoloai then please try?? Thanks very much

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
But we are talking about external playlists that are shown in the
mediaplayer application, right?

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me I would just like to somehow just keep the order of songs, or playlists from pc to n900. I have the same songs on my Laptop as I do on my n900 but I can't use the preordered playlists like i use on windows media player. It's just frustrating to have to create new playlists between devices...???

The Following User Says Thank You to Jayboy5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I have both widgets on my desktop, default one doesn't start playing and this one does.

When I open the playlist menu its title is "hildon-home". And if I try to scroll the list it will scroll between my home screen. Also if I click above it (to cancel) it will start playing if it was stopped.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Precisely. I have around 30 playlists I created on PC with media monkey and transferred to the N900 using drag and drop. I also have two playlists I created on the N900. The N900 media player picks up all 30 plus playlists and they work fine. This widget only picks up the 2 created on the device.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I can confirm that my play button does not work on the default widget but works perfectly well on this one. Well done. Don't mean to turn this into a Nokia bashing post but it is very disgraceful that a year after the device came out Nokia has been unable to fix the faulty widget and a single individual has been able to create a working one.
hmmm last time I looked maemo bug report about this there was people basically:
-commenting that nokia widget doesn't work (very helpful....not)
-not listing their installed apps
-not giving instructions how to reproduce bug

So where is problem then? Probably something to do with other installed widgets.

Nokia widget works on my n900 just as it should work but then again i have just two widgets placed on desktops.

Last edited by slender; 2010-12-06 at 11:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Nokia widget works on my n900 just as it should work but then again i have just two widgets placed on desktops.
Me too, my maemo media player widget works as well.
I tried hard to reproduce the play button bug. I usally have many
apps and desktop widgets from extras-devel. But I never had
this play button bug. I think it is somewhree related to the media
files. But I am happy my new media player widget works for
those users which have the play button bug.

Nicolai

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Precisely. I have around 30 playlists I created on PC with media monkey and transferred to the N900 using drag and drop. I also have two playlists I created on the N900. The N900 media player picks up all 30 plus playlists and they work fine. This widget only picks up the 2 created on the device.
I found a way to read this playlists. Now I just need some time
to implement this :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
hmmm last time I looked maemo bug report about this there was people basically:
-commenting that nokia widget doesn't work (very helpful....not)
-not listing their installed apps
-not giving instructions how to reproduce bug

So where is problem then? Probably something to do with other insstalled widgets.

That is by the by. Fact of the matter is that it is possible to get it to work on all N900s but Nokia did not. And there are many bugs they expressly decided they would not be fixing on maemo 5 and it had nothing to do with whether they were fully reported or not. It is not up to users to solve all problems for Nokia. But I guess we have different views on such issues. If that is they carry that attitude into their meego device then well....