Notices

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Miami,USA
Guys why no body looked into it yet?

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
I have tried video calls between N900 and several Symbian Fring-phones (over 3g with good connections). No video, sometimes very poor audio with robot voice. Is (Symbian) Fring compatible with N900 video calls ?

Calls between PC and N900 works fine mostly

Last edited by Metsämies; 2010-06-10 at 05:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:
what about the htc evo? has anyone succefully called a evo user using fring and skype and using skype on the n900?

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
what about the htc evo? has anyone succefully called a evo user using fring and skype and using skype on the n900?
I have just gotten a N900 yesterday (so excited!!!) and my bro in law has had an evo for week or two.

Just tried to do video call using fring on evo and skype on N900, sadly it does not work. video call shows up and when we place it we both just only see our own video in the small box.

oh btw hi everyone i just signed up and i'm so excited about my N900.

Originally Posted by The Arsonist View Post
I'm also having the same problem as the previous 3 posters. I can see myself when making the video call, but the person on the other end doesn't even recieve a request(I made a testing Account to make sure I had an up-to-date client, so no issue there). Has anyone had any CONSISTENT success with this update?
Same problem here. Can see myself but the the person i'm calling can't see mee nor can i see that person. Any idea when this will be fixed?

I cannot run SKYPE
i went in settings and then in voip and im accounts
but there was no option of SKYPE
also i checked in ovi but could not find skype
cann some one provide download link of skype for n900

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Just letting you know my experience this week.
My girlfriend has been on tour with her orchestra to Minsk and South Korea and we decided to use skype to keep in touch - she's never used skype before and I, only for calls. I signed her up before she left and much to my surprise and delight, it worked flawlessly. Several hours (over a couple of weeks) of video calls initiated by either of us and great quality too on both wifi and over the 3 network. Just Brilliant.

Originally Posted by gr8rishabh View Post
I cannot run SKYPE
i went in settings and then in voip and im accounts
but there was no option of SKYPE
also i checked in ovi but could not find skype
cann some one provide download link of skype for n900
Do you have the indian firmware on the phone? because afaik, the indian firmware disabled skype on the device. Your best bet is to flash it with the global version...

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I don't have friends in front of their Skype all the time. It would be nice if our N900 can run 3G video conf. Does Fring overcome that? Any suggestions (besides asking all my friends switch to N900?)

It seems there is a new beta available for mac that bumps up the Skype version to v5.0, can someone try it and report back if it enables video calling between N900 and Mac?

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-sky...r/macosx/beta/

EDIT: I can confirm it works for N900 -> Mac Skype video calling :-)

Last edited by Sonny_Jim; 2010-12-05 at 13:59.

Tags
bada rox