Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London, UK
Hi!
I have a charging related issue.
For some reason when the N900 is charging with either the official charger or via the adaptor connected to the N95 8GB charger the orange light pulses all the time in a sort of on, off, on, on, on sort of way and when fully charged the green light is doing the same.
Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? The green light originally stayed on continually after reaching full charge, but not for the last week or so.

If it's blinking on/off instead of slowly increasing in brightness and then decreasing in brightness, "glowing", then I'd say that the charger->adapter combination isn't providing enough power. Or your USB port is loose and not making contact.

The usb socket appears to be firm. Doyou think it could be a dodgy battery?
The unit charges up ok it's just this pulsing that makes me think something could be awry.

Last edited by 5tHorseman; 2010-06-24 at 09:45.

Got some info that might be useful: I got an Energizer XP2000 USB battery pack, which is a "dumb charger" that comes with a shorted charging-only cable. I need to plug it in multiple times sometimes to get the charging started, although my wall charger always works on the first try.

I removed the battery, reseated it plugged in the supplied charger and it recharged perfectly!?
So, I wonder what will happen next time.
L8R
Let the battery run down a bit and plugged the charger back in and guess what? The pulsing has started again!
Even L8R
Removed the battery again and now the pulsing has stopped and the "glowing" is doing its thing again!

Last edited by 5tHorseman; 2010-06-24 at 16:28.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Hello again,

Just dropped by to let you know, that I haven't been able to charge my N900 still.

Interestingly enough I was testing the very same DC-11 one day with Nokia N97 Mini and ENCOUNTERED THE SAME PROBLEM!! It was not charging that device either. And still it is charging my Nokia E61i and other not usb-charging devices fine. Weird and flaky as hell.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by 5tHorseman View Post
Hi!
I have a charging related issue.
For some reason when the N900 is charging with either the official charger or via the adaptor connected to the N95 8GB charger the orange light pulses all the time in a sort of on, off, on, on, on sort of way and when fully charged the green light is doing the same.
Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? The green light originally stayed on continually after reaching full charge, but not for the last week or so.
I think it is time to check for dry joints both on the DC11 and sorry to say also on the usb port of the N900 because it does sound to me like the problem could be anything from a dry joint on the charging unit and/or on the usb port as well as a faulty lead or plug (charging leads).

Daunting i know but has to be checked.

Hey here's a sweet external battery pack, it's expensive though:

http://www.phonesuit.com/products/Pr...ack-44-10.html

I also own an external battery pack. When I bought it charging the n900 worked fine.
Lately I wanted to use it again, but it didn't work anymore. Tried it several times. I assumed it could be due to 1.3.
Maybe some settings did change. I didn't find the time to reflash to 1.2 to see if my assumption is true.

Does anyone know what this sound means?
When my n900 is off and I plug in the external battery, the n900 executes its minimal startup: showing the usb sign,screen lightly lit, led starts flashing orange. This goes on for a little while, then n900 shuts down again, with a sound like blonk (hard to describe)
I already heard this sound on other occasions when something in the startup/shutdown did seem to work as it should.

Any idea?

EDIT: Just found that the solution from this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38230 did the job.

Last edited by tungram; 2010-12-03 at 16:54.

Damn, ordered DC-11 two days ago and have read now this thread.

Edit:
I've received the DC-11 and it works fortunately with my device. It works also if the battery in the N900 is loadet less than 50%.

Last edited by delmar; 2011-01-14 at 13:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post: