Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Somewhere on earth
sofa is looking good. however the only problem i had right now, is the video i download cannot be played. i tested varios videos, but still have no clue. is the code unsupported with n900 after download?
thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to covid For This Useful Post:
Thanks Marxian, for making youtube useable on an N900.

I have a small feature request:

Would it be possible to make Cutetube honour the proxy servers defined on the current network connection, so that those of us who are firewalled by our network providers can still log in and use it.

Also, if unable to contact youtube's servers at login time (i.e. in the case above), it seems to hang indefinitely. A timeout and error message would be good if you still have time and interest.

Thanks again for your work.

I love my N900 even more with this best ever YouTube client. Good work, very good sense of UI organisation, keep it going. Looking forward too see some other clients written from you guys in the future.

Hope I am not greedy to ask if any add-on can be built to enrich the cutetube to location specific when it comes to search, most viewed and most recent query. E.g. when going into the "most viewed", he/she may be most interested to see the most viewed video in his/her country but not the universal ones. I am not sure if I understand correctly, it seems that the YouTube API may allow location attributes in the query. Will this be possible?

Good day. This org is SUPERB

I really like this app! Thank for for developing this.

Two questions:
1. The other application @scene seems to be able to fetch a list of video faster. Is it because it's multithread fetch (info and thumbnails) in the background? Can cuteTube do the same thing?

2. After a video is played, getting back to cuteTube seems to require getting out of media player, and then going back to cuteTube. Can this process flow be streamlined so that one single go-back action will go straight back to cuteTube?

The Following User Says Thank You to chatbox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by covid View Post
however the only problem i had right now, is the video i download cannot be played. i tested varios videos, but still have no clue. is the code unsupported with n900 after download?
thanks
Same issues here.

The first time I downloaded a video it worked brilliantly. Since the last update none of the 3 saved videos will play in any player KMPlayer with MPlayer just sits there saying "Buffering", Media Player says it's an unsupported format and MPlayer via the SMPlayer frontend will play about 0.5 secs of sound then stop. They play fine from Youtube but not from the dvice.

Any ideas, anyone?

Additionally, I find the phone becomes unstable with some attempts to play various Youtube downloads.

Last edited by stickymick; 2010-12-04 at 09:51.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bulacan, Philippines
I really like this app! No sign-in problems, and I can even download a lot of videos. Two thumbs up!!!

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
UPDATE (04/12/10 @ 3.20pm): cuteTube 0.9.5-1 now in extras-devel.
  • Recent searches can now be cleared from within the 'settings' dialog.
  • Download lists can now be filtered by 'All', 'Current' or 'Completed'.
  • Implemented internal video player, with the following features:
    • Sequential playback of playlists and playback queues (on-the-go playlists).
    • Display of video title.
    • Keyboard control of video playback, as follows:
      • 'P' or 'Space': Toggle Play/Pause.
      • 'S' or 'Backspace': Stop and exit video playback.
      • 'I': Toggle display of video playback controls.
      • 'Left': Seek to beginning if current time > 5 secs, otherwise play previous video (if available).
      • 'Right': Play next video (if available).
    • A more seamless playback experience. Returns to previous window, rather than the task window.

Screenshot of internal video player:

PLEASE REPORT BUGS/REQUEST FEATURES HERE

The next release will likely have support for external media players removed. This is to make the code easier to maintain, and provide uniformity of user experience. I will not do this until I am confident that the internal video player provides a satisfactory user experience. I am also considering removal of support for downloading 360p/480p/720p streams, as it is currently leading to confusion over what is playable on the device.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2010-12-04 at 15:55.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Something like this really should have been available a long time ago. Great work, who says the n900 is dead not me

The Following User Says Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Feature request:
The internal player doesnt keep display light on, it can turn off when playing a video. Please fix this.

Else, the internal player works FANTASTICALLY. It doesnt cache as much as the built-in one does.
But... which quality will you allow the app to download? Please tell me that you will make it download the best one?

Last edited by Nokia 5700; 2010-12-04 at 20:15.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Nokia 5700 View Post
Feature request:
The internal player doesnt keep display light on, it can turn off when playing a video. Please fix this.

Else, the internal player works FANTASTICALLY. It doesnt cache as much as the built-in one does.
But... which quality will you allow the app to download? Please tell me that you will make it download the best one?
I'm aware of the display time-out issue. I'll fix this for the next release. You can choose the playback/download quality in the 'settings' dialog. In the current version, you can download upto 720p, but only the 'Mobile' and '480x270' streams will play on the device. In the next release, only the 'Mobile' and '480x270' streams will be available.

P.S. PLEASE REPORT BUGS/REQUEST FEATURES HERE

My website

GitHub

Tags
youtube