Active Topics

Notices

Question: While a video is being played, and then switching to minimize, the screen goes kinda funny...and this seems to happen to all video players (not just cutetube). Is this a Maemo / N900 issue/bug?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chatbox View Post
Question: While a video is being played, and then switching to minimize, the screen goes kinda funny...and this seems to happen to all video players (not just cutetube). Is this a Maemo / N900 issue/bug?
? Video overaly. All black parts of screen show video. Do you meant that? Itīs a feature

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
This app just keeps getting better. Intergrated media player is much better than opening up default n900 player and then having to close it everytime. This app is slick. Once again, thanks alot marxian.

The Following User Says Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
Because you installed something else that includes python_qt4 v4.75 and now have a conflict with the version in cuteTube. You need to try and determine what package you installed that contains the conflicting file.

You can probably do it easily like this:
Code:
dpkg -S <file>
Searches for <file> in package database, telling you which package(s) have that file in them. If it's something you don't need or use, then you can uninstall that to solve the conflict.
Using the Maemo Application Manager, I recieved an error that cutetube was not upgradeable due to conflict with the package python2.5-qt4-gui

dpkg -S did not bring back any results, so I logged into an xterm session as root, and ran the command
Code:
apt-get install cutetube
and it worked a treat, so it may be worth a punt for anyone else who is having similar issues upgrading.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Dropped two feature requests at the garage page.

Everyone, please check 'em out and let us know what you think:
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?at...74&func=browse

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

i don't think this new version is ready for prime time yet. Videos stutter and sometimes don't even show image at all. It worked like a charm with kmplayer. can we have that option back?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
i don't think this new version is ready for prime time yet. Videos stutter and sometimes don't even show image at all. It worked like a charm with kmplayer. can we have that option back?
Sometimes....sometimes I would like to have hammer and just keep on hammering peoples fingers to ad infinitum.

Yes! There is settings in top of this app and it gives you options to use your favorite player.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Sometimes....sometimes I would like to have hammer and just keep on hammering peoples fingers to ad infinitum.

Yes! There is settings in top of this app and it gives you options to use your favorite player.
Eh, easy with the hammering now. That setting is actually not there anymore

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Using the Maemo Application Manager, I recieved an error that cutetube was not upgradeable due to conflict with the package python2.5-qt4-gui

dpkg -S did not bring back any results, so I logged into an xterm session as root, and ran the command
Code:
apt-get install cutetube
and it worked a treat, so it may be worth a punt for anyone else who is having similar issues upgrading.
Go figure...
Registered Linux user #266531.

Last edited by Crashdamage; 2010-12-05 at 17:56.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
Go figure...
Yup, weird and surprising.

All I can think of is that with PR1.3, somehow either python or qt is used by the App manager, which was the only app open, thus preventing the installation of the python package.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Tags
youtube