Notices

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
i think GPU acceleration is more needed
More? I would say it's the most needed feature

i'll try to implement it
Thanks.

Can't the save files be loaded to a PC version emulator?

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk
Radicalz38: i afraid that no =) i removed saving of sound state and it create totally incompatible with original psx4all (also i'm not sure that savestates work across different gpu plugins)
memcards should be compatible with pc emus

Last edited by bonapart; 2010-12-07 at 21:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
Can't the save files be loaded to a PC version emulator?
You mean memory cards or save states? If MCs:
Save function in psx BG doesn't work well even in PC version of emulator(to make it work you have to copy saves to another memory, start the game, copy the save back... meh).
Beside that: what's the point if I want to play on n900 at work, in school etc

@bonapart
Thanks for clarifying things I just grabbed my USB to test but already read your reply haha!

Originally Posted by Magik View Post
You mean memory cards or save states? If MCs:
Save function in psx BG doesn't work well even in PC version of emulator(to make it work you have to copy saves to another memory, start the game, copy the save back... meh).
What I mean was save states
Beside that: what's the point if I want to play on n900 at work, in school etc
Well it was just for every once when you need to change CD's

Originally Posted by confusedfella View Post
Hey,

Thanks for the great work bona, I got a question. Do I put the roms in a folder named scph1001.bin or the roms should be named that way? Im guessing the later but I cant see the roms eitherway.

Thanks,
I placed both the game rom (.bin) files and the bios file into the root dir, home\user\MyDocs\
And it picks them up fine.

I'm obviously missing something over here. Excuse me for my ignorance. But isn't a rom the actual game? it comes in .iso or .bin and such. All the games Ive got only has the rom. where can I get the bios from?

edit: okay figured it out and downloaded a bios file named scph1001.bin for the ps. does anyone of the bios files work or is there a specific one? because there are graphical issues in all the games I tried.

Last edited by confusedfella; 2010-12-08 at 00:49.

More? I would say it's the most needed feature

Thanks.
cant wait to see what gpu acceleration brings I used to own a gp32 and a wiz so im familiar with the work they do on the community boards to get fast emulation speeds notaz chui etc and another awesome programmer was a guy called skeez who perfected atari st emulation

Originally Posted by confusedfella View Post
I'm obviously missing something over here. Excuse me for my ignorance. But isn't a rom the actual game? it comes in .iso or .bin and such. All the games Ive got only has the rom. where can I get the bios from?

edit: okay figured it out and downloaded a bios file named scph1001.bin for the ps. does anyone of the bios files work or is there a specific one? because there are graphical issues in all the games I tried.
Well i've read that any bios should fine, ie if your using an ntsc version then that will play pal games and vice versa if your using a pal bios then it should play ntsc games as well. Graphical glitches or issues are not related to the bios. You will need to fiddle about with the settings on frame skip and cycle mult. Also have a look on here to see what games work best with which settings:
http://maemo.team16.ru/index.php?page=5&list=2

Not many listed there but you can try games that arent listed and post your results up.

Hope that helps.

Happy Gaming!

The Following User Says Thank You to badboyuk For This Useful Post:
hey Magik did you try the 5th level in crash 3 where crash's step mom rides the jet ski ? theres a graphical glitches too

Tags
bonapart_rules, its dead......., playstation, psx4all, sausaaaaaaaaage, sausage tag, try & emu mgs4, who needs this?, whytagsmerged?, wurstthreadever