Notices

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Previous version of fMMS worked perfectly. Now with this version my MMS internet connection is 'killed' by fMMS when trying to upload or download an fMMS message. I have to manually connect to MMS internet each time, and it still kills it. But then manages to retrieve the message. Why the change? The previous version would connect automatically and worked like a charm!

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
As I just wrote, the previous version connected automatically which I liked, now I get a message telling me 'failed' when someone tries to send me one because I'm not connected, so then I have to manually connect. Same for sending. If only Nokia included this feature in the flippin first place!!

Can anyone tell me how to convert a wav i recorded on the n900 to a smaller audio file (mp3 or mp4) also on the n900 (meaning do the conversion on the actual machine) so I can send it via fMMS? I can send the wavs, but they are huge.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Previous version of fMMS worked perfectly. Now with this version my MMS internet connection is 'killed' by fMMS when trying to upload or download an fMMS message. I have to manually connect to MMS internet each time, and it still kills it. But then manages to retrieve the message. Why the change? The previous version would connect automatically and worked like a charm!
The version 1.3.0 always connects automaticali during receving and sending of mms-but when network mode setting on HAVOC

hi, just trying to sort this thing out.

have pr1.3 and fMMS 1.3.0 on Optus network in Australia.

my mms will not download or open when it's on polite or rude, it will ask me to switch connections when i attempt to open. it will not open any mms at all. it just keeps trying to open.

when i switch to havoc it automatically switches to the data/mms connection but then half a second later i get the "unable to retrieve mms" error. can any one help ? thank you.

p.s. i have posted another thread welsewhere on this topic. thread name is" N900 pr 1.3 and fMMS 1.3.0 on optus does not work" thank you

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
Originally Posted by geiger View Post
hi, just trying to sort this thing out.

have pr1.3 and fMMS 1.3.0 on Optus network in Australia.

my mms will not download or open when it's on polite or rude, it will ask me to switch connections when i attempt to open. it will not open any mms at all. it just keeps trying to open.

when i switch to havoc it automatically switches to the data/mms connection but then half a second later i get the "unable to retrieve mms" error. can any one help ? thank you.

p.s. i have posted another thread welsewhere on this topic. thread name is" N900 pr 1.3 and fMMS 1.3.0 on optus does not work" thank you
You might want to include your log (see frals signature). best is to send it to frals (including your forum-username so he knows who to respond to)

/oxpo

anyone who could guide me on vodafone india fmms settings..!\
pls

thanks in advance

somekeystrokes

pls respond!

y r thre no replies on such an active forum....pls help guys!

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
I've been using fMMS for several months (via T-Mobile USA, havoc mode), mainly just to catch oversized SMS messages that T-Mobile USA seems to convert to MMS.

After updating to fMMS 1.3.0, I started to experience problems sending and receiving SMS (not MMS), phone calls dropping, and general unpredictable/unreliable telephony behavior on the n900.

With fMMS 1.3.0, I've found myself rebooting the n900 occasionally, just to make sure I hadn't inadvertently missed SMS messages or phone calls, when I wonder if my phone is unusually quiet (no texts or phone calls for a while).

I've ultimately decided to just uninstall fMMS 1.3.0 for the time being, to at least regain stability for text/SMS messages and regular cell phone behavior.

Again, I only started experiencing this issues since I updated fMMS to 1.3.0, and I don't recall having these issues with any previous releases of fMMS.

Edit: I reset all settings, reinstalled fMMS, configured for T-Mobile USA again per MMS wiki, and things seem to be stable again.

Last edited by slvr32; 2010-12-13 at 20:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to slvr32 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python