Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
That said, I feel guilty saying I'd still like to see uploading videos added. It's the one important function that's still missing.
I really like the integration to other services but I have a question. Wouldn't it be easier to leverage the existing N900 'Sharing' protocols instead of writing new ones that are native only to this app?

That being said, what a wonderful app this is. Marxian, you have outdone yourself by creating a professionally designed and necessary app for the N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dannycamps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
I really like the integration to other services but I have a question. Wouldn't it be easier to leverage the existing N900 'Sharing' protocols instead of writing new ones that are native only to this app?
The sharing features didn't require much code from me, since I was able to make use of existing Python bindings for Facebook/Twitter. Most of the additional code is in creating the UI elements.

I am not familiar with the N900 protocols, but my approach seems to be the same as that used by other Python programmers when interacting with these services, so I would guess the answer to your question is 'no'.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
hey man this is such a nice app, its bloody awesome, it can do more stuff than the youtube app on android or ios (except for the playback quality, having a 480p support would awesome).
yes the player still needs some work, and maybe adding a nice ui to it might be a great idea.
just one thing, it looks like the player stopper working for me after 0.9-7 any idea why , updating to 0.9-8 didn't fix the problem .

it is great for a application do have the twitter and facebook forward option.

But do hope the next version will automatically show the video in the page .

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by locolyric View Post
it is great for a application do have the twitter and facebook forward option.

But do hope the next version will automatically show the video in the page .
That already happens with the new version of Twitter:

My website

GitHub

Hi Guys,

i don't understand why i can't play any video.

It displays "playing video" and a black screen appears ?!

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ india
Originally Posted by leojab View Post
dhanurdhar, you can go to root from xterminal and type in
apt-get install cutetube
this should then install the app

Hope this helps
worked like a charm
thanks a ton

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
...Using the Pidgin protocols with the native IM client on the phone is a real pain, it slows the phone down and has very limited functionality.
N900s Default facebook IM(conversations) works just fine for me. Also I thought that jabber protocol (facebook) should be quite power conservative.

Also speed is just fine for me.at least when chatting with couple of people.Maybe you should try clearing conversations history.

I am having trouble downloading cute the download just doesnt start any help plz

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Issam Khan View Post
I am having trouble downloading cute the download just doesnt start any help plz
App manager doesn't start downloading of cutetube? If so then bit wrong thread but you can probably copy paste app managers log here.(from top menu)

Tags
youtube