Active Topics

I was about to flash my N900 because of this problem! Reboot, update, re-install with pc suite, reset settings nothing worked. But sadly i used fcam too. But only removing battery was not enough for me. Removed battery connect to charger and notification charging light showed up for a second then remove charger replaced the battery and everything is ok for now. Thank you so much qwenjis you save my day! Sorry for my English btw.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tulugozgur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Stanford University
We've uploaded a new version of fcamera that'll hopefully do away with everyone's LED problems. It should be in extras-testing soon, assuming we don't find any last-minute issues

If your LED isn't currently working, you may have to hard reboot (remove battery) or at least turn off/turn on teh phone to make it behave, but fcamera shouldn't cause it go bad again.

Apologies to everyone affected!

Originally Posted by rohanhole View Post
same problem with me ... MINE notification LED stopped working for any activity ... even when phone startup ( when you press power button long ) that time too .. nothing was working ...

Soln =

i simply removed the battery ... and put it back again ... problem solved !!! strange ... but it workd ...

I was also having same problem, in the sense my light did not work at all, i was checking out custom led pattern application,, though it might have damaged the light ( i mean the hardware) but finally its fixed now I just removed the battery once....its working....

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
Sorry for raising this old topic. I hoped that I could solve my led lights issue by deinstalling fcam (including lowlight and blessn900) and removing the battery. I performed this and nother changes, e.g. changing the theme, without success. Now, I am a little reluctant to remove the power kernel as well because it took quite some time to make the kernel and fcamera work properly.

I don't think that its an issue with the LED settings. What I found out is that I don't get information about incoming SMS. Normally, a symbol blinks in the upper left corner when a sms has arrived. This is missing. You only got information about new SMS if you open messages. Furthermore, you don't get information about unanswered calls. If I call myself, hang up, I won't see information about this in my telephone list. However, if I accept the call, the information is available.

So what I'd like to ask is if someone could point me out how and were this information is been processed (like the LED information in /etc/mce/mce.ini) or what else I could do to put the "phone" back into the n900.

Thanks in advance.
icke

//Edit: I just received a SMS. No sound was playing, however the message center (?) was started when I opened the phone. //

Last edited by icke; 2010-12-12 at 07:50.

I am again opening this old problem..notification and keyboard light not working for me..tried everything (removing battery, changing notification setting from setting menu and rebooting) but, still notification light and keyboard light are not working.

Is there any way I can check that via xTerminal...some xTerminal command to swich ON/OFF for notification and keyboard light? I first want to ensure that both LEDs are OK.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Czech republic
I didn't read the whole thread since I don't have time to this but maybe something in this discussion may help. It worked for me at least.

Just Switch off the Mobile and remove the battery for 5 - 10 mins..
Then Restart the mobile,,,, Finish thats ol>>>>>>>>>>