Just wondering if theres some out there hasnt updated to 1.3 and why? Me, guess Im waiting till threads died down about glitches/bugs..Is it ok and better now to update these days? pros cons? the flashing exclamation mark is getting annoying now lol TIA guys and gals..

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Near: Gilroy, CA
Me too.. I haven't upgraded yet-- haven't had time, and my n900 actually seems rock solid. I'm pushing upwards of 60 days uptime!

PR1.3 really doesn't fix any issues I was concerned about, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to bother changing anything that could possibly introduce new bugs, then be left without solutions as Nokia abandons us.

Just my $0.02
http://thecubed.com

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
There are ways to disable the update notification (flashing exclamation symbol box).

As for staying on PR1.2 I've tried to do that but I couldn't avoid the massive update even though I was merely trying to install other third party softwares. Ultimately I was forced to update to PR1.3.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
DOS 6.0 is rock solid too. No sense in upgrading. It is not like there are any evolution or something going on in the tech world. Only fan-boys and suckers update their devices.

im still on 1.2, take to long,and wen i updated to 1.2,it made the phone worse. I dont trust it

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Near: Gilroy, CA
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
DOS 6.0 is rock solid too. No sense in upgrading. It is not like there are any evolution or something going on in the tech world. Only fan-boys and suckers update their devices.
I've still got an automation controller in use for a project that runs DOS 6.0 -- tried to rewrite the application for Linux, and it just doesn't run as well...

It's "the nature of the beast" that some people don't want to change... I'll probably upgrade to PR1.3 sometime then overclock, but for now I'm happy with how my device works.
http://thecubed.com

The Following User Says Thank You to thecubed For This Useful Post:
Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
I'm still using PR1.1 since the update to PR1.2 failed while downloading the updated packages and didn't even get to installing anything.

I'm sure PR1.2 has interesting bug fixes in it, but so far I'm getting my money's worth from the device while running PR1.1. PR1.3 feels like the same thing; interesting bug fixes here and there but nothing critical. For me, that is.

Tags
besides me, fix the title