Notices

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I find it frustrating sometimes (actually everytime), that I have to press multiple 'buttons' to make a phone call - even with the contact widget.

Can someone develop a (phone) call button tagged to the contacts on the 'phone' screen (sorry, I couldn't take a snapshot). It's really dumb to have other options below when we specifically pressed the call 'button'.
-(phone) call
-sms
-Merge with contact
-New contact

If I wanted sms, I would have used the sms button, and contact button for 'Merge with Contact'/'New Contact'.

Do we already have something to resolve this issue? Or am I the only lazy user to expect less steps to make a phone call?

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
K9 call widget..search for it. that might help you somewhat

The Following User Says Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arora.rohan View Post
K9 call widget..search for it. that might help you somewhat
Thanks. I've installed K9 - didn't solve what I was expecting, but I'm keeping it.

You can also run an easy script from a QBW that can make a call to a contact you set up on a desktop. Is this what you are after? If so, I can post some instructions.

Originally Posted by Beatty View Post
You can also run an easy script from a QBW that can make a call to a contact you set up on a desktop. Is this what you are after? If so, I can post some instructions.
Yes, that'll be nice. By the way, I'm not familiar with the x-terminal stuffs, so you may need be very detailed for the step by step. Appreciate it.

Interested in it as well.

Here is the script to put into Queen Beecon to dial a contact.

dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.csd.Call /com/nokia/csd/call com.nokia.csd.Call.CreateWith string:"$NUMBER" uint32:0

Change $NUMBER to phone number you want to call.

Check the phone control wiki to see if there is anything else you may find useful.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post: