Notices

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by firstknight View Post
hi ya.... i am having problem of not able to send... bug reported...

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11423
It seems that the fmms author isn't really interested in the project any longer. Or how should I read the fact that the meager documentation that exists is several releases old?

For example, the troubleshooting info at http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS#Troubleshooting_fMMS does not seem to correspond to the current version.

"How to verify settings are correct" -- nope, I don't have an APN called "MMS", and it does not seem to get created automatically. Should it be? Back in the early days of fMMS I remember something about using a separate piece of software to create an APN for this use, but these current instructions don't seem to say anything about this.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by extechop View Post
It seems that the fmms author isn't really interested in the project any longer. Or how should I read the fact that the meager documentation that exists is several releases old?
Perhaps you should start by reading some of the thread here. If you did, a lot of the questions you have would be answered. The author here is quite active still, making new releases. But if he spent all his time answering every question posted here, he'd never release a new version. And if you consider someone not replying back to your specific bug within a week as "not interested", there's lots of uninterested people around here.

As for the bit about the "MMS" access point, it IS still there if you use polite or rude mode. It's "hidden" if you use havoc mode (which I think is now the default). When I switch to polite mode (in latest version) I get a new APN called MMS. If I don't follow the instructions on the wiki (step 1 is select polite mode), and let it default to havoc mode, I DON'T see the MMS APN, because I'm in havoc mode.

If people don't read/follow instructions, helpful people are less likely to help out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
slvr32: I'm actually on T-Mobile USA as well, with whatever the latest devel version of fMMS is, and I've had no problems. I think it's a matter of luck, but not sure. Do you use havoc, polite, or rude mode? (I use havoc - what region of the US are you in? I'm guessing T-Mobile might run things differently in different places.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
slvr32: I'm actually on T-Mobile USA as well, with whatever the latest devel version of fMMS is, and I've had no problems. I think it's a matter of luck, but not sure. Do you use havoc, polite, or rude mode? (I use havoc - what region of the US are you in? I'm guessing T-Mobile might run things differently in different places.)
I just updated my earlier post, and now I'm thinking that my n900 was just being whacky for a little while. Things seem fine after I did a complete reset of fMMS settings, cleared APNs, uninstalled, reinstalled, reconfigured, etc...

I use havoc, Southern California, generally don't have issues with fMMS, but I didn't verify fMMS settings after the 1.3.0 update, so I can't say for sure what happened.

The Following User Says Thank You to slvr32 For This Useful Post:
Hello,
here I bought the Nokia N900 and installed fMMS and I have a problem that when I send MMS it fails to send the text that I wrote . Instead of text that I wrote it say's "Text fMMSpart52 was deleted due to: no legal rules found for this media (-1)" . I can receive image and text without problems when it was sent from another phone. Is there any solutions for that?

Last edited by tihi2109; 2010-12-15 at 17:47.

hello everyone, i need help with my fMMS. Since I updated to 1.3.0 I'm having problem with my recieved mms.what does the red * means?does it means the mms was corrupted?how can i open mms that was push?My setting for my fMMS is on polite which means that whenever someone send me an mms, i need to manually turn on my mms settings connection to recieve it and if I don't turn it on right a way the mms gets push which i'm having problem on opening. Is the a settings that I can do so it'll turn on the connection automatically and recieve the mms like the sms?Thanks a lot and I hope someone can help me

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
The red star means it hasn't been downloaded yet. And there is a way to connect to get mms in the background, it's called Havoc mode.

Please, can anyone share fMMS setting that actually works with Japanese Softbank?

I tried lots of user agents and server setting but the nearest thing I can come up with is an error message in Japanese about wrong setting. Most common error messages are with newer fMMS version saying cannot download messages.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oslo, Norway
Why can't fmms just autoconfig its self for the right operator? Would make life easier.....

Merry x-mas by the way

-s-

The Following User Says Thank You to smartypants For This Useful Post:
I've installed version 1.3 today and had some problems to get it working.

In my case I had to modify <entry name="phonenumber" ...> in the /var/lib/gconf/apps/fmms/%gconf.xml because it was set to "0" and there is no way to edit this inside the fMMS itself (but maybe it's because I had one of the earlier versions installed and not configured properly).

Another thing I've noticed (but I'm not 100% sure) is that not having "http://" before MMSC server might cause a problem.

Now everything works fine with network mode set to Havoc.

Many thanks to Frals for this great app!

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python