Active Topics

/usr/share/hildon-desktop
transitions.ini to change and beautify the UI when it does stuff like pop out the statusarea. Prettiest ones are the ones leetut said: just change 'sequenced = 0' to 'sequenced = 1'
and 'duration = 250' to 'duration = 1200'

the duration (speed) can be set how ever you like,
higher number = faster movement (or slower, cant remember!)

(thanks to megaexer for explaining this to me)
(also dont EVER change 'snap_grid_size = 4'
to zero, cos doing that bricked me!)

Other ones are: App_close, make it around 850
popup
sliding subview
just explore. be careful and dont put anything to 0!

Is there a way for SMSes to appear like the yellow ribbon first?

Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
No problem mate, firstly have you got an icon you'd like to use?

I'd use a largeish icon, like one which is at least 256x256 pixels, rename it to lock.png and using filebox copy and paste it to /home/user/.queen_beecon (that stops it showing up in your images folder).

Then copy the command below (highlight it and ctrl-c).

Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:"locked" | echo ""
Then add widget to your desktop.

Next edit the widget (press desktop until you're in edit mode, then hit the spanner icon on the widget).

Once you're in there in the top row select

Type:'snippet'
Show:'Visible'
(leave command selection for the minute).

Next set size to about 100 width and 100 height (for now, you can edit this later).

Next row

Hide Background:Yes
Hide Click Background:Yes

Next delete every bit of writing you can find to delete in the white boxes you can see all the way down.

Now go back up to Command Title Settings

In that box write the name of your icon, lock.png.

Set Scale to Fit, and Position Center.

Two rows under that hit Position (the one with Title above it), and set it to hidden.

Also set the results position to 'hidden', and Frames to 'disabled'.

Under update policies, MAKE SURE THE ONLY ONE THAT IS SET TO YES IS CLICK.

Then Click on add command on the right, paste the above command (ctrl-v) and give it the name 'Lock'.

Now scroll aaaaall the way back up to the top, and under 'Command Selection' select 'Lock'

Now hit save and run and you're good to go

I know this looks long but once you've done it a few times it literally takes minutes from start to finish, most of the bits will already be filled in correctly anyway. I haven't tested the above command but if you run into any trouble let me know,

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar

EDIT:

Lock icons here.
that is brilliant got it all up & running 1st time with no problems at all thank you very much! any chance you could point me in the right direction of creating an overclock sort of desktop wherei can select different kernel settings at the clci kof a button & with some info on the screen to, i have seen lot of people with desktops with the sort of thing im looking for but never found a simple qbw way of doing it.

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Well the quickest/easiest way to create 'buttons' is by using the Desktop Command Execution Widget, which is what QB's based on.

To select a profile via buttons like I've got on the bottom left:

Set the title to whatever you want, but put blank spaces after it so that the results don't show up in the button box- you'll see what I mean!

Set to only update on click, add new command and to set a kernel profile use:

Code:
echo "/usr/sbin/kernel-load /usr/share/kernel-power-settings/ideal" | sudo gainroot
You can use any kernel profile in place of 'ideal' in the above, like LV, XLV etc.

Glad the lock worked mate!

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
Well the quickest/easiest way to create 'buttons' is by using the Desktop Command Execution Widget, which is what QB's based on.

To select a profile via buttons like I've got on the bottom left:

Set the title to whatever you want, but put blank spaces after it so that the results don't show up in the button box- you'll see what I mean!

Set to only update on click, add new command and to set a kernel profile use:

Code:
echo "/usr/sbin/kernel-load /usr/share/kernel-power-settings/ideal" | sudo gainroot
You can use any kernel profile in place of 'ideal' in the above, like LV, XLV etc.

Glad the lock worked mate!

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
i followed this as you said & now have the button on the screen but when i click it & check conky it doesnt seem to have changed the profile any ideas?

How can I change the sound effects to sound louder?

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ finland
Originally Posted by tHMZ View Post
How can I change the sound effects to sound louder?
try this thread
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63997

or these
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65741

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=62701

Last edited by thej80; 2010-12-16 at 19:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thej80 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by pedro-25 View Post
i followed this as you said & now have the button on the screen but when i click it & check conky it doesnt seem to have changed the profile any ideas?
Try entering the first code into terminal, then this:

Code:
awk '{print $1/1000" MHz"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
What are you getting as an output? This will show your Maximum CPU frequency, which at ideal should be 850Mhz.

To check minimum:

Code:
awk '{print $1/1000" MHz"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
Which should be 500MHz at ideal.

and for current it's

Code:
awk '{print $1/1000" MHz"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
The current CPU frequency could be anywhere between 500 and 850 depending on what the N900's doing,

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Anyone know how to change the tablet picture in the start menu if you have cell modem ui installed?

I tried using the same approach to changing the other start menu files:

- put a 48x48 file in hildon folder,
- put the name of that file in the relevant part of the systemui.xml file in etc/systemui.

The systemui.file does not have a section for cell modem but there is a cell modem file in etc/systemui. The etc/systemui folder does contact a separate cell modem file. In that file there are about four of five icon files. Not sure what they are about but I replaced all of them with the name of the file I want to use and now I am left with a blank image.

Can someone give me the original transitions.ini?

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
@ tHMZ here you go..
Attached Files
File Type: zip transitions.zip (2.3 KB, 102 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageBrat For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo mods, mods thread