Notices

I think ill stick with a knob design thats similar to what ive made, but when pressed, it will perhaps double in size and a + or - percentage value appear on it so you know what the level is.

Thanks for your knob suggestions though!

I still think that my idea of eq-knob is the most intuitive sorry for braggin' .
It's like you press the knobb, move your finger away from the knob - while touching the screen - and then start adjusting by rotating around the knob.

Oh and about the monitoring...
I still think that using bt-headphones is the only feasible way to go.
I think that the most simple way to implement hp monitoring is to do it like it's done on pioneers djm-400:
- when neither is selected for plf, you'll hear what's going on at master out.
-when on is selected, you'll hear the selected from the left side and master from right.
-when you select both, you'll hear both irregardless of the crossfader position.

Last edited by keljuk; 2010-12-17 at 03:42.

Using traktor without a usb controller, the use is pretty quick and easy. Just click and hold then drag up or down. In the heat of a mix you want it to be as fast as possible. Up and down, easy peasy.

BT headphones im not sure about, whats the latency like? I think a simple headphone jack setup with the right splitter will be best. Having BT running is more resources too, i reckon it will eat up a bit.

Thanks for all these ideas, nothings ruled out till things are tested.

I cant wait for things to start progressing!

Originally Posted by Amilcar Santos View Post
I'm currently working on this app:

It's a MIDI controler for DJs. Currently it emulates the Staton SCS.3d
But still under development...
That would be great! I`m already using Staton SCS.3d but only one. I can`t wait to have another one that can be used from my phone..

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Los Angeles, CA
I'm new here to maemo.org! I signed up just to help and support N900!! I'm a virtualDJ user and I think a DJ app would be great!

I recently purchased a ipod touch just so i can use the dj programs they have. http://async-games.com/ has a great app.

I think if you can follow this concept you'd have less of a hassle coding..

but then again this is only a dj scratch program.

all in all i do like how your layout is looking.

The Following User Says Thank You to kidro_bot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by Sademies View Post
That would be great! I`m already using Staton SCS.3d but only one. I can`t wait to have another one that can be used from my phone..
I'm expecting to have the first "good-enough" version by January 2011.
By that time, I'll need testers because i don't have the real thing, so I'm just guessing all MIDI codes from mappings tables that I've searched in the Web.

Last edited by Amilcar Santos; 2010-12-21 at 18:50.

Maybe this issue has been talked before, so sorry if it is.

Is it possible to have two different audio outputs out of N900 simultaneously, for example wired 3.5mm and Bluetooth-A2DP?

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Guimaraes, Portugal
Originally Posted by Amilcar Santos View Post
I'm expecting to have the first "good-enough" version by January 2011.
By that time, I'll need testers because i don't have the real thing, so I'm just guessing all MIDI codes from mappings tables that I've searched in the Web.
I don't have the real thing too, but If you need help, I can test it

@s13n1, I use traktor too, and I think that your "skecthes" are awesome

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
s13n1: is it out yet ?
uh, not that im aware of..

I think anyone who mixes tunes regularly knows that if you want serious features, you buy serious hardware.

This is a phone app, things will be kept simple and pocketable.

There will be no usb sound card setup, if theres monitoring it will be a headphone jack setup and a simple one at that. i can use traktor and my pacemaker without monitoring because i know my tunes.

They layout is a good size for fingers but will be better soon. I dont think there is any more information you need on screen.

This is a simple dj app for a phone that will have more then enough features to mix very well.

Things are real busy right now, as soon as i get more time ill upload some more pics and infol.

Still chasing help too!

The Following User Says Thank You to s13n1 For This Useful Post:

Tags
toads toaty