Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Just voted.... QCPUFreq is reaching Extra!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Does QCPUFreq currently change the voltage levels or just change the upper limit of CPU frequency?
QCPUFreq does not change any voltages. But if you've set a profile such as lv with kernel-config, it'll use the voltages defined by the profile.

The Following User Says Thank You to direx For This Useful Post:
Can you have qcpuferq give the option to set preset or saved frequencies.. I mean you can give a list box options of kernel-config setup and we can choose and execute it from your application rather then starting from x-terminal

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
I agree with leojab, this would be perfect if it worked with kernel power a little more. options to switch between ideal, lv, starving, etc would be a perfect option for this app. Right now I am being forced to use the qcpufreq app for smart reflex, queen beecon for buttons on my homescreen to switch between a stock kernel, starving @stock freq, and ideal limits: 500 900 for MyPaint. with this addition, I would not have to use queen beecon at all. I remember when I first tried to download this app when it came out and was a little dissappointed because I thought it more of a gui kind of, for kernel power settings...

I found something strange...

My env:
1. Have QCPUFreq in the QuickLaunch status menu widget.
2. Have the portrait-support status menu patch installed.
3. Have an app opened in portrait mode, then launch QCPUFreq from QuickLaunch.

Outcome:
QCPUFreq doesn't launch when foreground app is in portrait mode.

previously i was able to overclock & underclock with this app, but once i had to reboot my phone with factory settings ever since then i am unable to overclock my phone more than 600 mhz, i can only underclock....
pls help

Originally Posted by richard.lawry View Post
previously i was able to overclock & underclock with this app, but once i had to reboot my phone with factory settings ever since then i am unable to overclock my phone more than 600 mhz, i can only underclock....
pls help
What does it say?
# uname -a
# kernel-config show

What does it say?
# uname -a
# kernel-config show
the whole scrolling bar is now only limited upto 600mhz

Originally Posted by richard.lawry View Post
the whole scrolling bar is now only limited upto 600mhz
Check the settings in QCPUFreq that you have overclocking enabled. It is in the main menu of QCPUFreq.

And the above comment's purpose was that you would run the commands in x-terminal as root user and put the output in this thread so people who try to help would get information they need.

(QCPUFreq would be much more useful if it would support those voltage-settings which come with kernel-config. Also, if someone has played and has some kind of wrong settings, like I had when all other things were working but DSP-acceleration wasn't, QCPUFreq won't notice it and although the device is rebooted QCPUFreq takes the old (non-working) settings in use. So, with the other pre-set voltage-frequency-settings there could be "set normal" in QCPUFreq which will reset all voltage and frequency-settings to normal non-fiddled values.)

Originally Posted by leojab View Post
Can you have qcpuferq give the option to set preset or saved frequencies..
I am planning to add support for loading common presets offered by kernel-config, such as
  • ideal
  • lv
  • ulv
  • xlv
  • custom (a user-defined preset named "custom")

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
I found something strange...

My env:
1. Have QCPUFreq in the QuickLaunch status menu widget.
2. Have the portrait-support status menu patch installed.
Which menu-patch are you talking about? Please note that if you are experiencing any problems with extras-devel software, it's probably not the fault of QCPUFreq.

QCPUFreq would be much more useful if it would support those voltage-settings which come with kernel-config.
QCPUFreq is not meant to be a GUI version of kernel-config. I believe that voltage-related settings should only be changed by very advanced users who should be familiar with the command line and the kernel-config utility.

Originally Posted by direx View Post
I like this idea - I'll implement it in the next release. Thanks for the feedback!
I am still working on sony123's suggestion. After thinking about this a bit I came to the conclusion that a "maximum frequency" setting in the settings widget could be a bit confusing. It's kind of hard to explain the difference between maximum allowed frequency for QCPUFreq, maximum frequency for the CPU and current CPU frequency to new users. Therefore I'd rather display a warning before applying new frequencies above 600 MHz (or 800?). What do you people think about this?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to direx For This Useful Post:
i really love QCPUFreq and i always use it to OC, but is it faster with OC-ing scripts or other methods ? cause QCPUFreq lets you raise only the maximum value. so is it better to be like 500 - 900 than 250 - 900 ?