Active Topics

Poll: Which Phone U like
Poll Options
Which Phone U like

Hi guys

I am really in a confused manner...

Its Christmas Near by so thought of Buying a New Phone...I am Browsing for the Phones in the last 2-3 months & I decided everything abt Nokia N900 ... But yesterday i saw tht HTC desire is also in the range of N900 & I got confused..

Over here N900 Costs 462Usd & Htc Desire Costs 525Usd

Drawbacks tht I find in

N900

* Outdated
* No Mulitouch Input Method
* Little bit Complicated as I am new to Linux
* Cant Play Games in Good Manner

HTC Desire

* No QWERTY Keyboard
* No Internal Memory
* Dont have Stylish Look like N900

And i need ur Advice Plz...

Those who Used the Phones plz Guide me

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland

I know the Specifications bro.. I am looking for a decision :d

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I got Samsung Galaxy S for about two month but still got back to N900. Cant really beat its hardware keyboard AND Maemo's multitasking + terminal ++++

N900 = ultimate geek device in pocket, but if you're not that hardcore you should go with Android device

Also i love stylus. It doesnt mess your phone screen with grease and other nasty stuff you got from "fingering you device"

N900 of course...

Desire Z
* no front facing camera
* memory slot under battery (no hot swapping)
* no IR
* just 1,5 GB internal memory
* no TV out

Last edited by kolos; 2010-12-19 at 09:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
I don't know much about Desire but I was thinking of getting Desire Z as I need HW keyboard, everything was going well but the photo and Video camera are what stopped me and I guess HTC's are quite lagging on these coz its same with HTC 7 Mozart that my fren is using atm.

as you said, no keyboard in desire. Get n900. Its NOT outdated. A lot of applications and a lot will keep on porting specially from linux if not anything else. Its got the best browser. The community is awesome. Btw I think you should be able to get a better deal, just search the internet or ppl in this forum should be able to tell you if they have recently checked any better deals/prices. We have a nice irc channel called #maemo at freenode too you can have live chat there.

About games, there are all kinds of emulators available that people use, but I dont play any games on n900 except for the built in Mahjong which I'm addicted to.
The firmware is very mature now.

All this community and stuff around n900 may seem a bit geeky, i love it but if you have no problem with it then you are only going to love your n900 experience. Plus I hope you get a gud device without any hardware faults like mine!

Originally Posted by bbkshine View Post
I know the Specifications bro.. I am looking for a decision :d
what is referred to in the link is the desire z, the new version of the desire with qwerty keyboard.

as others have said, the desire series is a good choice if you don't need the extreme hackability of the n900. i personally want a phone that works without having to modify too much, with good software support. if i were to buy one today, i would go for the desire z instead of the n900. in addition to other things, battery life is reported to be better.

all this said, i'm still ok with my n900, just wishing that:
- ovi maps got updated, or at least reduced the loading time
- flash player got updated
- the media player had gapless play support

-

sigh ... n900 is simply the best ... but if you don't know why then you need a phone not a computer.

n900 freedom to do ... well just about anything you want.

Hey I've got PHP in my pocket!

rgds