Posts: 53 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ india
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
It's the blue arrow key.
THANKS.
yes my problem was solved.
friends please note,if any one facing the same problem(to find esc key in debbian) than do the following steps.
1.open the office writter
2.next open SET DEB HW KEYS in applications menu(allready downloaded with debbian package)
3.come to office writter and press the keys
FN(blue arrow key)+SHIFT KEY+LEFT KEY
4.NOW esc function in debbian working
(sorry for my bad english).
IAM THANKS TO "QOLE" FOR DEVELOPED THIS WONDERFULL APPLICATION.MY ADVANCED WISHES TO YOU FOR DEVELOPPING MANY APPLICATIONS LIKE THIS.
(I requested to maemo community ,please post step by step instructions about trouble shooting like this.because so many guys are newer one for linux like me)THANKS TO MAEMO COMMUNITY.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammuvi For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I ran the installer with the power kernel installed, and it took a long time (as usual), 1h 20 mins to extract, but no reboot this time. I wonder if I should depend upon the power kernel?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I ran the installer with the power kernel installed, and it took a long time (as usual), 1h 20 mins to extract, but no reboot this time. I wonder if I should depend upon the power kernel?
I don't think you should have easy-deb-chroot depend on power kernel, but a recommendation on the package page might be useful.

However, 1h20min is really too long. How much of it was for file download and how much for unpacking? Last time I did the extraction on the device (and not on a Linux PC with subsequent transferral by USB) it took only
Code:
Nokia-N900-42-11:/home/user/MyDocs/core-dumps# time lzma -d debian-m5-v3d.img.ext2.lzma

real    7m 32.66s
user    3m 34.14s
sys     0m 35.03s
That was with image v3d, vanilla kernel in PR1.2, and everything put in the directory MyDocs/core-dumps, to avoid issues with trackerd.
Also I had no other activity during the extraction except for being idly on-line.

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-12-19 at 11:08.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by avidscavenger View Post
I have a further question about locales - running 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' was fine for generating the one(s) I need, but the default locale was still inherited from Maemo's settings, which was causing some python scripts to fail with codec errors. I found I could override them using Easy-Debian's /etc/environment (or /.debian/etc/environment):

Can anyone tell me whether this is the 'right' way to accomplish this?
When reconfiguring locales you need to select the ones to be generated and then also which one to load as default. Did you do both? It may also make a difference whether you use debbie or debbie-sue. The latter should set the environment variables appropriately.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
@rebhana Using debbie-sue does appear to work, although LC_ALL winds up defined as an empty string rather than as my preferred locale. And yes I did select a default locale - actually I only built one and that seems to be enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to avidscavenger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
I had a reboot when extracting the -v3e image, and I am 99% certain I had the power kernel in use at the time.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shittown
I believe these reboots are a regression in PR 1.3, something to do with intensive disk I/O. I'd file a bug, but honestly, does anyone believe Nokia will offer a fix?
Bugreports are not just about to fix every bug in the system, it is also for keep tracking of the known bugs.

When i noticed bugs before in maemo and i "googled" to my issue, it was good to see that the bug what i noticed was already tracked in the bugs (even if it was finally fixed in PR1.2 only).

The Following User Says Thank You to Necc For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
I have in fact a slightly more important problem (not related to v3e):

Easy Debian allows me to use vpnc to access the internal network of my workplace, and it works like a charm as long as I am on wifi. I can use ssh as well as the browser in VPN mode. However, when under gprs, only ssh works, but http no longer.
Hi rebhana,

I suggest switching to gprs, then copying your /etc/resolv.conf to the chroot. Hopefully that will get you connected... You might need to do it again when back on wifi, I'm not sure...

Might be worth noting that you don't need easy debian to run vpnc - it works natively under maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to avidscavenger For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Necc View Post
Bugreports are not just about to fix every bug in the system, it is also for keep tracking of the known bugs.

When i noticed bugs before in maemo and i "googled" to my issue, it was good to see that the bug what i noticed was already tracked in the bugs (even if it was finally fixed in PR1.2 only).
Ok, I've submitted Bug 11720.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze