Notices

+1 vote for best Maemo 5 application!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tHMZ For This Useful Post:
I actually had no idea you could download youtube vids before this app. I have downloaded a bunch of python vids and have learned quite a bit in the last few weeks. just a big thanks for this app...

There's a new youtube uploader in the ovi store, works a treat too, no more pixelpipe crap, just a straight link via share in media player. New cutetube update works a treat too Apart from when i load my fav's the thumbnails are mixed up? Don't really matter tho

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fantastic application.
There is one huge show stopper though: where on earth can I find the download queue!?
It's absolutely unclear to me and I had to enable the direct download option on the Settings if I was ever to see a video pop up downloaded on my device.
It's an absolutely mystery to me how such a good app with a clear interface can have such a show stopper in it by not giving the user a clear idea where to access the download queue.
Other then that the application is absolutey spot on and this close to replacing the native YouTube website!

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
I can confirm this. Searches don't bring up any results. Just a blank screen.
I have this too. After entering search criteria and clicking Search button there is an exception thrown:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/cutetube/cutetubedialogs.py", line 528, in on_searchButton_clicked
    self.getSearchResults(searchString, searchOrder)
  File "/opt/cutetube/cutetubedialogs.py", line 557, in getSearchResults
    searchWindow = cutetubewindows.SearchResultsWindow(self, searchString, searchOrder, self.username)
  File "/opt/cutetube/cutetubewindows.py", line 508, in __init__
    locale = YouTubeAPISettings.locale
AttributeError: class YouTubeAPISettings has no attribute 'locale'

Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
Fantastic application.
There is one huge show stopper though: where on earth can I find the download queue!?
It's absolutely unclear to me and I had to enable the direct download option on the Settings if I was ever to see a video pop up downloaded on my device.
It's an absolutely mystery to me how such a good app with a clear interface can have such a show stopper in it by not giving the user a clear idea where to access the download queue.
Other then that the application is absolutey spot on and this close to replacing the native YouTube website!
It has been explained where the que is somewhere in this thread, once you start a download the que is only available on certain screens.. any search results... my channel n maybe others but not the home screen. Just tap the top of the screen (drop down bit) and they'll be an extra tab stating downloads plus how many you have. Click that my friend! Its hardly a show stopper? This app has come a long way in little time with big improvements so small things like this are sure to be either solved or cleaned up over coming updates i'm sure. Make sure you have the latest version from extras devel too as its the best one so far

Last edited by natedog400; 2010-12-20 at 18:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to natedog400 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
UPDATE (21/12/10 @ 4.08pm):
cuteTube 0.9.9-8 now in extras-devel.
  • Changed from star-based ratings to like/dislike.
  • Some tweaks to the fetching of video feeds.
  • Improved error handling.
  • Increased the size of video list items, with a larger thumbnail and upload date.

Please check the log (About --> Log) if you have any problems with this release.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
This app is just great.

No only useful, but also easy to use, well designed and clean interface.

Is this app the work of just one person? Awesome.

Is there a "donate" button somewhere? I mean it. Instead of buying one more beer next weekend, I'd be glad to donate $3-$5 to this app, and, if at least 100 people do the same (176 people "thanked" this thread) the developer can buy a new gadget or anything else for Christmas.

Thanks again for this excellent app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
This app is just great.

No only useful, but also easy to use, well designed and clean interface.

Is this app the work of just one person? Awesome.

Is there a "donate" button somewhere? I mean it. Instead of buying one more beer next weekend, I'd be glad to donate $3-$5 to this app, and, if at least 100 people do the same (176 people "thanked" this thread) the developer can buy a new gadget or anything else for Christmas.

Thanks again for this excellent app.
Thanks for your kind words.

You can donate from within the application by going to the 'About' window and choosing the 'Donate' option from the menu. This will open the PayPal webpage inside the application (using QWebView). The browsing experience is not that great, though.

There is also a link to the same PayPal page in my sig.

Any donations are gratefully received, but I don't expect people to part with their hard-earned cash. My main hope is that I can use my projects as a platform for getting into professional software development at some point. At the moment I'm just enjoying learning new things.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 154 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Lima-Perú
Recommend improvements on:
the player and the way it posts videos on facebook for example... instead of link post it should post the video frame itself

the search needs improvements too cuz sometimes I just want search on video titles. cheers!

Cutetube is great!!! love it!

Tags
youtube