Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by pavi.kant View Post
I tried arch linux... the desktop environment starts but the text is not clear!! just the top maybe 1/10ths of the letters are visible! any ideas?
Dejavu font needs to be installed. Has been mentioned at least three times in the pages before.

Sigh... Ah, well.
Code:
pacman -S ttf-dejavu

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ New Delhi, India
thanks anthonie... i'm new at this... dint go through the entire thread... wrks fine nw...

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ecuador
Hi all,

There are some dependencies issues with the .deb file, I make it to work side by side with easy-debian so its necessary to install at least easy-chroot with his dependencies, I will try to change the dependencies to argue that.

xephwm already exist in ubuntu but what I did its change the Display from 1 to 2 in order to be able to run easy-debian and ubuntu at the same time, to fix this and other .img issues I will post my own ubuntu.img.ext2 (uploading)

I don't have the firefox problem but lxterminal doesn't work for me too, maybe its a problem of users dependencies, I'll try to research on that

About Slack I create the .img.ext2 try to chroot but the result was: kernel to old, I try with default kernel and with Titan's 2.6.28.10power46 after that my device turns crazy the display gone and I have to flash it. so for now slack seems to be something hard to do

Last edited by juandp77; 2010-12-20 at 16:05.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Whynot try to implement the dependencies inside the deb file? Is it possible? And Am i obliged to install easy debian? I just want to install easy chroot is it possible???

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by pavi.kant View Post
thanks anthonie... i'm new at this... dint go through the entire thread... wrks fine nw...
No prob.

But;

Not going through a thread like this while experimenting with running kernels from a root-jail is never advisable. Even less when you do not exactly know what you are doing. Even more so when you do not know exactly what you're doing and the thing you are trying to achieve is a Work In Progress (W.I.P.).

Now itīs just a font. But hypothetically...

If you get my drift

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Whynot try to implement the dependencies inside the deb file? Is it possible? And Am i obliged to install easy debian? I just want to install easy chroot is it possible???
Now that I have my n900 flashed I can experiment with it from scratch, you have to install easy-chroot and his dependencies, I don't think you need easy-debian, so what I'm going to do its try to implement the dependencies in the .deb file as you said

The Following User Says Thank You to juandp77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Yeah, that will be very useful. Many Maemo apps need to have dependencies implemented. I'm going to download easy chroot. I'm waiting for next release with dependencies implemented! thanks.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ staffordshire, uk
Originally Posted by juandp77 View Post
Hi all,
About Slack I create the .img.ext2 try to chroot but the result was: kernel to old, I try with default kernel and with Titan's 2.6.28.10power46 after that my device turns crazy the display gone and I have to flash it. so for now slack seems to be something hard to do
bob would hatew slackware now there just isn't enough slack in it

is there a way i can edit the xephwm setting on the current .ext if not will it just be a straight file swap (i play with a linux laptop but i am probably overly cautious when playin with a linux mob, dunno why flashing is easy enough)

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ staffordshire, uk
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Yeah, that will be very useful. Many Maemo apps need to have dependencies implemented. I'm going to download easy chroot. I'm waiting for next release with dependencies implemented! thanks.
this way worked for me (hope it helps)
install ubuntu.deb via xterm (as root)
then apt-get install -f
open filebox an create a folder named .ubuntu in the / directory

i installed debian after playin around on ubuntu (the music player on ubuntu punches out a lot more volume than maemo's) and found ubuntu to be a lot faster

The Following User Says Thank You to try-alls For This Useful Post:
Apparently the dependencies issue was solved, so I will post the new deb an the new ubuntu.img.ext2 as soon the image is uploaded

Sorry for the delay (very slow connection)

The Following User Says Thank You to juandp77 For This Useful Post: