Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Northern MY
keep it up bro..

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
last update for a while i hope, unless someone finds a bug
you can click in top left area to task switch / exit app view now
i uploaded it to the garage already...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Darren (fnordianslip) and I are trying to get this into the repos right now. We are seperated by an ocean so it's hard to coordinate. He's trying to get an exact copy of the one in the garage uploaded, but the dependencies are a pain, so the first 1-2 versions in the repos are just "test" ones because he had to temporarily disable lua and cairo. I would just ignore those updates for the moment, or just update it again when it asks. Probably tomorrow, but no guarantees

(autobuilder needs tolua to build conky, so we have to upload that first. tolua is using some weird build system and has dependency problems of its own, so its not trivial to upload and build. we will try again tomorrow, for now the one in extras-devel is not complete.)

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-12-21 at 21:01.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
ahh yeah, tolua is a pain. i remember now i had to build it with the command "scons deb". scons is a python based replacement for make. we actually have a maemo version that works, but I don't know if it's possible to get autobuilder to use that? it sounds like it might be when i read this (the comment).
Otherwise we have to follow another set of instructions here, which doesn't really help me since it's not talking about creating a package which we need to do.
maybe there is some way to get tolua++ installed or uploaded without the autobuilder?
I bet you guys aren't wondering why I was avoiding the autobuilder anymore
Attached Files
File Type: gz tolua++_1.0.92pre1-1.tar.gz (316.7 KB, 128 views)
File Type: deb tolua_1.0.92pre1-1_armel.deb (52.4 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-12-22 at 03:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Hello! Is there any way you could add a widget feature to conky? Well yeah conky is originally a widget would love to see it on homescreen

Also how do i do this?

When I applied the conf and put the lua's to their destination all I get is some monitoring functions but most are blank/black

Last edited by Radicalz38; 2010-12-26 at 02:07.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany, Saxony
I think someone should fix the sign before the value "Cell Radio" in dBm. There should be a *minus* imho. I have "91 dBm" at the moment -> 90 dBm equals 1 Megawatt - from the cell tower.
For the ones who dont know much about "dezibel" values: a negative dBm/dBW/dBµV value is also a positive miliwatt/Watt/µVolt value.

Last edited by Oposum; 2010-12-29 at 18:38.

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Hello! Is there any way you could add a widget feature to conky? Well yeah conky is originally a widget would love to see it on homescreen

Also how do i do this?

When I applied the conf and put the lua's to their destination all I get is some monitoring functions but most are blank/black
I don't know about the widget thing, it seems like a lot of work with no guarantee it would be useful. It could be too slow or unable to look as good...

If conky doesn't work as expected, first thing to try is running conky.sh from command line to see if there is some errors.

Originally Posted by Oposum View Post
I think someone should fix the sign before the value "Cell Radio" in dBm. There should be a *minus* imho. I have "91 dBm" at the moment -> 90 dBm equals 1 Megawatt - from the cell tower.
For the ones who dont know much about "dezibel" values: a negative dBm/dBW/dBµV value is also a positive miliwatt/Watt/µVolt value.
I'll fix it but there's no point waiting for me to do it, the whole point of conky is that you can modify it to do what you want, i don't know how you missed that. Go edit the .conf file to have the minus symbol!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
I don't know about the widget thing, it seems like a lot of work with no guarantee it would be useful. It could be too slow or unable to look as good...

If conky doesn't work as expected, first thing to try is running conky.sh from command line to see if there is some errors.

I'll fix it but there's no point waiting for me to do it, the whole point of conky is that you can modify it to do what you want, i don't know how you missed that. Go edit the .conf file to have the minus symbol!
I got it working now... somehow conky.conf won't work if I put it on my MyDocs folder... I placed it on /etc/conky and it worked

Also the conky with lua is buggy with live wallpaper... It's working at first but when I go to menu or switch desktops the background goes all black permanently and a restart is required to fix it.

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
I got it working now... somehow conky.conf won't work if I put it on my MyDocs folder... I placed it on /etc/conky and it worked

Also the conky with lua is buggy with live wallpaper... It's working at first but when I go to menu or switch desktops the background goes all black permanently and a restart is required to fix it.
it's buggy without lua too, its just a lot worse with cairo. it actually crashes every time then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
widget sort of here check it out !!

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=134

an here

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=98

The Following User Says Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:

Tags
conky