Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Dont worry, gnuite, this post does not ask a question or post a problem. I notice that your MM2.0 generated 79 posts in 24 hr. I congratulate you a job beautifully done. And on the other hand I felt bad that you are a ONE MAN BAND. You develop and support ALL by your self. I think the community owns you a big hand for your effort and so does Nokia! To make a long story short, I think the community should REFRAIN from asking questions which simple search or explore on their own may do. Remember, gnuite is a ONE MAN BAND, we do not want to burn him out, right? Now, everybody listen: please check, read and digest this resourseful 79 posts before asking the same question; your simple laziness should not be translate into gnuite's work! gnuite may ignore you if you post simple problems or questions, but still, just reading the post is work. Thank you all. Posting thank you notes still appreciated, I guess, right, gnuite?

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Sorry for being a pain, where are these held and how do we edit or replace them during the update. Would be nice to know what files to delete from where, on the IT to have cleanest update or fresh install of MM.
If you want a completely clean Maemo Mapper install, you have to execute two commands on the command line:
Code:
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/maemo/maemo-mapper
rm -rf ~/.maemo-mapper

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Dont worry, gnuite, this post does not ask a question or post a problem. I notice that your MM2.0 generated 79 posts in 24 hr. I congratulate you a job beautifully done. And on the other hand I felt bad that you are a ONE MAN BAND. You develop and support ALL by your self. I think the community owns you a big hand for your effort and so does Nokia! To make a long story short, I think the community should REFRAIN from asking questions which simple search or explore on their own may do. Remember, gnuite is a ONE MAN BAND, we do not want to burn him out, right? Now, everybody listen: please check, read and digest this resourseful 79 posts before asking the same question; your simple laziness should not be translate into gnuite's work! gnuite may ignore you if you post simple problems or questions, but still, just reading the post is work. Thank you all. Posting thank you notes still appreciated, I guess, right, gnuite?
Thanks, bun. I don't want to be a jerk, but I'll use your post as an opportunity to remind people that there is a Help file included with Maemo Mapper. And I actually do take time to keep it up-to-date - all the new v2.x features are documented there. If you're not sure how to do something, try looking in the Help file first, by using the "Help" menu item in the main menu.

Originally Posted by unsoundman View Post
Thanks you mr Gnuite ,this is a very important application for me. I need help as usual as i am unable to install this 2.0 I dont know why ? the error message say some of the details not available for updating. error "packages missing .libconic0 , libgdbm3 , libsqulite3-0 missing anyone can help pls.
Are you installing with the .install file that is linked at the top of this post?

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ singapore
yes sir I did, my n770 revert from os2007 back to 2006 and i re-install everything. manage to install mm1.4-2 after some struggle. uninstall mm1.4 for 2.0 . i think my problems special. thanks again Mr Gnuite for reply me and happy to play with my n770 i am very old man mr Gnuite. thansk

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ singapore
Thanks again I am very happy man despite of unable to install 2.0. I think It iis due to the catalogue in my application manager? my shown only one oringinal? MMapper have given me lot of joy since having it I have never lose my way. At this momment I am unable to install mm1.4 too.But i shall keep tinker with it , just show me some pointer thanks

unsoundman, this is happening to you after a fresh flash of OS2006? Check your repositories configuration to make sure you have the following repository set up and enabled:

Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras/
Distribution: gregale
Components: free non-free

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
In the new low zoom levels where the map should only be rescaled, MM tries to download maps and fails with an error message.

gnuite, wow!
You've really outdone yourself this time.
2.01 is very smooth on my hacker edition 770,
and your silly "checks" format to poi searching and selecting is far better than any yellow book search on the web.
If you ever find yourself in the bay area, PLEASE allow me to buy you a beer or dinner or something!
...now get some rest (and people leave this genius alone lol)

dcarter

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
Gnuite, it goes without saying (but I say it anyway) that what you do here is amazing. It must be satisfying to please 800+ people in such a short time, I envy you. I wish I could work together with a guy like you.