Notices

ATDHE worked fine for me just a couple of days ago.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
yes , it worked for me two days ago , i was watching a basketball game. hope someone k ows tbe problem .

Can more people check their n900 to see whether athde and justin tv works for them? I've checked a couple times today and neither sites have worked for 3 weeks on my n900 now.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Some...where....over the rainbow
I'm in the same boat. It worked for me about 2 weeks ago, I tried it a couple days ago and it doesn't work anymore on both ATHDE and justintv. Tried it again today, no luck. I'm thinking ATHDE and jtv (athde links use jtv player) have stopped supporting the ancient Flash 9 that our N900s are using. And Nokia seems to think there's no need in bringing Flash 10 to the N900 (as was demoed a long while bk). Sad... I hope a workaround can be found for this by someone in the Maemo Community, as I'm already missing being able to stream South Park on this thing .

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ City of Angels
Anytime you cant stream a video right click (on N900 touch & hold) on the video and the menu opens up & it will give you the flash player version. In this case mentioned above, these sites are using an updated Adobe flash player ver. 10.1. I happen to own a Nokia N8 which has the Adobe Flash 10 and it doesnt work on that. Nokia N8 Flash player is the beta version and it is different than the nonbeta version.

Adobe announced the version 10 back in Oct 2009.

http://dailymobile.se/2009/10/26/fla...on-nokia-n900/

In the demo video they showed the new version 10.1 on Nokia N900 running fast, clear and smoothly. I spoke with Nokia about this recently. The sense I got from them is that it is somewhat evident that Nokia has abandoned the N900 support and are concentrating on N8, E7 and so on.

The only way we will ever be able to see the video on these sites is for Nokia to upgrade the player with an SW update or for the developers to rework the codes and write the program that will marry the Flash player 10.1 to the Maemo 5.

I wont bet on Nokia doing anything about this. Look at what has happened with the support for their earlier Tablets such as N800, N810. It does not exist anymore.

Let's hope the developrs come through, otherwise there will be more sites switching to new flash player versions and in time this deice will become useless.

Off subject; this is one of the reasons that the N900, $500 device when it was released only sells for $300 today. Android phones or even a low tech device like iphone still selling close to its fulll original price. This is why Nokia continues to loose the market share. If only they made these new devices like the old N95 model, solid bullet proof and extremely versatile, still today.

Last edited by nokuser; 2010-12-23 at 19:57.

Justin TV worked until 2 months ago. There might be 1 or 2 other sites that won't work on the n900. All the other sites work OK. Im hoping somebody can make an app to fix this issue. Tweakflash is outdated.