Notices

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by adrianmilev View Post
Is it possible to make the added vehicles to different units, as have car with kilometers units and motorcycle with miles units?
Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately not at the moment. There is an open feature request on this (https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...=554&atid=2069), but I haven't had time to consider it.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
I changed cars but when I change back to the first car, don't see the records anymore... did I lose them?

hmm lets me add blank entries and they're there when I change cars and come back, but my real entries are gone. no bueno. Hadn't done a db backup yet (only two entries since getting my N900...

Some news from the development front: I have been experimenting with changing the record table view. See the screenshot

The icons are not pretty (maybe somebody makes me better ones ) but you'll get the general idea: instead of having columns for data, the data is presented in two rows and an icon describes what the record describes (fuel fill, service, oil exchange, tires).

I am far from a release but comments are welcome (of the general idea).

Julius

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by jlu View Post
Some news from the development front: I have been experimenting with changing the record table view. See the screenshot

The icons are not pretty (maybe somebody makes me better ones ) but you'll get the general idea: instead of having columns for data, the data is presented in two rows and an icon describes what the record describes (fuel fill, service, oil exchange, tires).

Julius
Thatīs not a bad idea, but Iīd prefer the current way. Perhaps a toggle option to change between the two layouts?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by jlu View Post

Julius
Change isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I find the current style much simpler to read and sort through.. It's perfect for an app of this kind, IMO.

I'd be in favour of making something like this an option.

Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
Change isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I find the current style much simpler to read and sort through.. It's perfect for an app of this kind, IMO.

I'd be in favour of making something like this an option.
I thought of it myself too (having the different views as an option) and it will be quite easy since internally, the data is still in the same tree model, the change is only in the way it is shown and it is quite easy to keep the old way as on option. I would still keep the possibility to sort the data according to the current columns, you'd just need to select the sort column and order through menus.

The initial reason for thinking of a new way to present the data is that I like to keep most of the columns visible but not all the columns fit in the screen and then I need to pan horizontally. The second reason is that the column view is so old style ...

Thanks for your comments Bingley Joe and olighak.

The Following User Says Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post:
I'm mixed. I like the classic view, but definitely appreciate the horizontal scrolling issue, too. I'm willing to try it. having an option to switch from 'classic' to normal would be great.

hi, great app btw, can u upload file with language, or tell me where to find it, i would like to try make czech translation, thx

Last edited by (O)fer_cz; 2010-11-24 at 10:31.

I have given some time to fuelpad during the last weeks and have made some progress. The new look is now quite ready. I made it an option so that you can choose to have the old look if you prefer it. Sorting can now be handled through the main menu.

Here are some screenshots:

The latter shows also a hint what I've been mostly working lately: a GPS based driving log. The GPS part is working quite nicely, the database and user interphase needs some work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post: