Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by dhanurdhar View Post
thats completely true but what about porting something like whats app for the N900... its basically a BB app on the symbian phones so it is possible...
any thoughts
Yes, that was "one of the suggestions put forth to port other closed-source applications". Without the source, it's not porting, it's reverse engineering and reimplementing. And, depending upon your location on the globe, getting unhappy letters from lawyers representing the developers of the original app.

Originally Posted by BigGuy1992 View Post
ok so how about a software that can run BB apps like an emulator then u can run BBM via that??
Do you know of an open source, BlackBerry OS equivalent to Wine? One that isn't being threatened by RIM's lawyers, perferably. And a legal way of getting RIM's proprietary BBM software for running upon the translation layer? And a method of generating the needed pins, the ones that are normally tied to BlackBerry hardware?

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-12-22 at 11:52. Reason: mergity merge

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
argh, so we have a lot of developers. and exactly 56 239 904 extra downloads??

And none of these devs could create an app or something.. why ?

@psycho are you serious :P only jesus do miracles. the rest of us only do what we can.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Botswana, Gaborone
well i i don know any open source , so is there any progress from the original poster of this thread...

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Originally Posted by BigGuy1992 View Post
well i i don know any open source , so is there any progress from the original poster of this thread...
Did you read the thread? The OP agreed it CANNOT BE DONE.
Can someone please close this thread as it is pointless!

how did the iphone create the BBM app for their phones? isn't there a way we can copy the way they did it and bring it onto N900 also?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I thought that BB has released the BBM API's when RIM6 was released...

Originally Posted by nokiaqueen View Post
how did the iphone create the BBM app for their phones? isn't there a way we can copy the way they did it and bring it onto N900 also?
There is no BBM app for iphones. If you are referring to the youtube video I am sure it is fake.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
http://www.blackberry.com/developers...api/index.html

@HtheB the api gives a convenient access to blackberry developers into the blackberry platform and framework.

It only gives us the idea of how blackberry developers are thinking about blackberry services.

But it gives us nothing about the technical details of how the things really happens

Tags
messaging, no you aren't, pingchat