Originally Posted by juandp77 View Post
ok guys uploading fedora to a new server, please be patient.
Frotbyte: try this

Code:
sudo rm -r /home/user/.mozilla/firefox
Just a suggestion, maybe you can upload it to file hosting service such as mediafire.com

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ecuador
fedora image update in here: http://db.tt/CG5fZnJ also on first page

The Following User Says Thank You to juandp77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Hi Juan,
Now worries, I will help how I can.
Are you able to get a basic script running with a working chroot (like ubuntu/fedora etc)? I will just try copy the scripts from fedora and modify how it's needed?
It's all a good learning curve for me

When you upload it, please send me the link and I will do what I can

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by juandp77 View Post
I have managed to make a gentoo.img.ext2 image that mount and chroot in maemo flawlessly the problem its that I dont have so many experience in gentoo so if anyone know about gentoo installation and want to contribuite with me I will appreciate.
I have been struggling badly to get a chroot image running. Mind to share?

Thanks got the dropbox fedora. Unlzma worked but tar xvf makes phone reboot. I am as per advice going to copy it to a computer to untar. This is perhaps for another thread but I figure I'd ask here as I am sure people here do more uncompressing then most...did all these reboots with a little stress occure on the n900 prior to 1.3? I ask because I did several untars back then and never had any reboots.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Viterbo (Italy)
hi juandp77 i've same problem with the keybord...i can't write anything. how i can fix this problem?

Hi, I am using easy fedora and ubuntu. In fedora: how can I perform a left mouse click(like a long tap in easy debian)?
In ubuntu: can I have different lxde for easy debian and for easy ubuntu? because what's happening now is that the designed lxde is common in both ubuntu and debian and I want to seperate them?
If someone knows the answer, be my guest!
Thanks

ok guys here its the link to gentoo http://db.tt/STd3Zmg to chroot do this:

Code:
sudo mkdir /.gentoo
sudo qchroot /home/user/MyDocs/gentoo-v1.img.ext2 /.gentoo
so please keep a feedback

Thanks

PD: arm gentoo info: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-arm.xml

Last edited by juandp77; 2010-12-27 at 06:24.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
Thanks got the dropbox fedora. Unlzma worked but tar xvf makes phone reboot. I am as per advice going to copy it to a computer to untar. This is perhaps for another thread but I figure I'd ask here as I am sure people here do more uncompressing then most...did all these reboots with a little stress occure on the n900 prior to 1.3? I ask because I did several untars back then and never had any reboots.
I had reboots every time i tried extracting the image on the phone. And not just Ubuntu but also Arch, even now Easy Debian. First time I've had problems with Debian (after PR1.3), weird.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
I had reboots every time i tried extracting the image on the phone. And not just Ubuntu but also Arch, even now Easy Debian. First time I've had problems with Debian (after PR1.3), weird.
this issue have been discused on debian theread too, so please extract the images on your computer and then copy it to your phone or to your sdcard

Last edited by juandp77; 2010-12-27 at 06:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to juandp77 For This Useful Post: