Dang saw the new Q1 Ultra.. wow.. seem like a nice rig.. bebating on either the 810 or upping to t full pc tablet like this Q1 ultra..

Any one use or see one yet looks like a very nice device

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
You will find a lot of info here...
http://origamiproject.com/forums/3/ShowForum.aspx

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by E-ville View Post
Dang saw the new Q1 Ultra.. wow.. seem like a nice rig.. bebating on either the 810 or upping to t full pc tablet like this Q1 ultra..

Any one use or see one yet looks like a very nice device
The question is, do you want to carry your mobile internet device with you everywhere? If not, then probably the Samsung would be a good bet, but be warned, it wont fit in your pocket.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
The question is, do you want to carry your mobile internet device with you everywhere? If not, then probably the Samsung would be a good bet, but be warned, it wont fit in your pocket.
Yes, for that one would need to look at the Everun or such.
[a good review]

PS: I would love to see its 'optical' mouse included in the next generation n9x0; being so small it could be included on the right side of the screen along with a kind of 'FN' key as described below.
From the review:
Integrated into the keyboard layout is a new feature for UMPCs - an optical mouse. Its the first time I've ever used or even seen one and I have to say, as a mouse pointer fan, that its the best mouse pointer I've ever tested. Its quick to get used to, accurate and even feels nice to touch. It operates like a mini roller-ball and when you press it down, you get a left mouse click. Its faster, easier and more accurate than using a finger or pen and when used with the 'FN' key, it turns it into a scrollwheel. Its great! Oh, and while I'm talking about that FN key, let me mention that it modifies the action of about 10 buttons. For example it turns the optical mouse button into a right mouse button, it turns the volume rocker into a screen brightness rocker, it turns the mute button into a lock button, there's also a number of functions under the normal functions keys like LAN enable, WAN enable, rotate lock, LCD off and cursor/gamepad mode (where the cursor control can be used as an 8-way joystick and the 1-6 buttons correspond to joystick buttons.

Last edited by ichmoimeyo; 2007-11-05 at 19:24.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by ichmoimeyo View Post
Yes, for that one would need to look at the Everun or such.
[a good review]
Bleh. That thing is ugly.

If I'm going to go with something that big, it'd be a pepper pad. (or, if wibrain releases linux drivers for all of their hardware, maybe that instead of a pepper pad)

But, as for "take it with you everywhere" type competing with the N800/N810: if it doesn't comfortably fit in my coat pocket, it's not worth mentioning. :-)

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Hertfordshire, UK
I thought I would really like the Everun. I bought one for one of the guys in the office who felt he needed it for remote support. Well, its a hedge fund ...

In the event, the only good thing I can say about it is that the battery life is superb. I find Windows really hard to see at 800x480 (I can't explain this - I had Fluxbox running on my Zaurus and that was perfectly readable), the keyboard is only convenient in portrait mode and so its actually not that great for remote support, it weighs a ton and its not pocketable.

Maybe the Q1 would be better, and i'd love to hear from someone that has used one. I think what I would really like to see is a Sharp Zaurus with wifi, bluetooth and an 800x480 display. I think that's about the best form factor there is.