Originally Posted by haider93 View Post
Can you please help me I just did AudioBoost and there is no bass just treble. Can you please help me how to restore it??????
Plz
I forgot to mention this...If your using the headsets that come with the N900 then it'll probably sound terrible to some people because It (the N900 headset) has very little bass.

To remove the script, run Remove_BoostN900.sh and restart to remove it.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-12-26 at 22:45.

tested the latest (testing) patch

boostn900.sh patch gives one bad *** bass.. ui is smooth..as for loudness well its the same as earlier patch but cuz of the bass it makes my chinese headset sound like a Bose noise cancellation headfones ! battery life is still at its best..

p.s. yet to test other patches

The Following User Says Thank You to tusharmax For This Useful Post:
Moved from the headsets thread:

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
The N900 has a problem when using certain headsets, some wired headsets sound ridiculously low and soft when using it with the n900.

The reason for this is simply because Nokia placed some limiters on the types of headsets the N900 should use.

The problem that the N900 faced with some headsets were imply that the Alsa Mixer was not set to compensate for them. I fixed this problem by simply enabling alsa mixer to compensate for these headsets.

How does the script make the n900 faster?

It simply does so by turning on/off certain aspects of the alsa mixer sound system and tweaking the virtual memory.

The problem with the headsets is a simple matter of the alsa mixer system. I'm not phasing mono stereo together lol, just messing with the alsa mixer system or you can call it the raw equalizer as it deals with raw audio system.

About the "wiring / button behaviour" I can't say. By enabling the N900 to compensate for any headset it should in effect fix the button issue, I for one don't have a problem using headsets with volume control but then again I've been using my own script since forever.

I'm not forcing anyone to use the script, if anyone finds it to be rubbish then go ahead and call it rubbish :O. If anyone thinks it's fishy then simply don't use it.

I looked into the headsets problem as it annoyed me, tried to fixed it and thought I should upload the script here. I'm just trying to be nice and make a contribution to the community.
Yes - I read the description on your thread (a repeat of which is above), but it's still not clear exactly what you did in alsamixer to solve the audio issues.

Are you fiddling around with the treble / bass for example? Giving it the old bowl-curve EQ? Sorry - I might appear a bit confrontational here, but it's still unclear to me what you're doing - obviously there is a boost in the bass, but I'm also picking up a significant increase in distortion with a low-impedance load for example with a headset attached, making judgements of 'quality' rather irrelevant.

Any clarifications on the audio side? Many thanks.

Last edited by punto; 2010-12-27 at 16:08.

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
swappolube sucks. boost900 has better vm-tweaking. also my script in the signature.

Hello, I was curious to see that the script set the capture to mono. Is that right? The n900 set it by default mono or stereo?

Anyone has time to do some RMAA tests ? before and after the patches ?

nkirk

Last edited by nkirk; 2010-12-29 at 17:35. Reason: typo

I have SpeedBoost.sh enabled, and sometimes my bluetooth headphones are still not loud enough.

Is there anything else that I can do to increase the volume?

Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
swappolube sucks. boost900 has better vm-tweaking. also my script in the signature.
Is your script compatible with BoostN900?

The Following User Says Thank You to werebug For This Useful Post:
Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
Would you be able to compile all that into a script.
I've looked at it many times and just haven't got round to doing it.

Are the effects that noticable?

I've noticed conversations slowing to a crawl when setting yourself online using facebook and skype. The phone goes through periods where it is totally unresponsive.
This is OCd to 250-1150 on-demand governor, swappolube proposed settings, modified hildon home and desktop.

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
I have applied BoostN900 script. Didnt not notice any bigger difference of speed or better battery.
So i applied Remove_BoostN900. And all sound was really low. Had to apply BoostN900 again.