the aptitude mweethod worked and my phone isnt letting me delete these grammar mistakes thats why im haveing to write this lol, biut i dont understand why it nstalls through xterm but not through appman

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by avim View Post
Sorry of being a noob, In the case I want to really re-flash (i.e. clean everything) can I sill do the OTA re-flash?
Read here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

I'm sort of newbie, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by chok View Post
the aptitude mweethod worked and my phone isnt letting me delete these grammar mistakes that's why i'm having to write this lol, but i don't understand why it installs through xterm but not through appman
I don't know why Application Manager doesn't work, exactly.
apt-get is crippled in order not to install anything from Ovi; probably it's a way to make people log into Ovi instead of directly downloading.

When you use virtual keyboard, use (stylus) tapping to move cursor to another place, since it has no arrows. Turn on auto-complete and tap the word when you see it guessed auto-complete correctly. You can also half-open hardware keyboard to use arrows (-> arrow auto-completes, too, if I remember correctly).