Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
As one of the last things I do this year, I have promoted qgvdial to extras-testing.
Please test and bile fugs.

I don't have complete clarity over what happens next, but from what I understand:
1. I need to promote my app to extras-testing (done)
2. Users need to test and vote on the promoted package (pending)
3. If there are enough votes, qgvdial goes to extras.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Here is the link to the qgvdial extras-testing page.
Vote!

I installed the newest version, and it is stuck on logging in.

Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
I installed the newest version, and it is stuck on logging in.
Use Ctrl+Shift+W in qgvdial to get to the webpage using which I log in to Google.
Does it show anything?

If it is blank, Ctrl+N on that webpage window will give you a dialog to enter a URL. Enter some other URL and see if browsing is possible or not.

If that doesn't help, Ctrl+L is the Login/logout toggle.
If that fails, Ctrl+Q to shut it, and start it again.
If that fails... argh! Reboot device maybe?

...and please send me logs.

Also: The latest devel version has rudimentary and incomplete "Settings". In it you can dismiss the window without having to resort to Ctrl+Backspace.
If you press and hold Dismiss, it makes the application quit.

Hi! Thank you for the great application!

I've been using QGVDial now for a while without any installation/upgrade issues. However; on the latest upgrade using fapman, I got this error:
Code:
Setting up qgvdial (0.1.311-1) ...
2011-01-02 12:45:28.357 : 3 : qgv-tp account not found. Creating .. 
2011-01-02 12:45:28.385 : 3 : Error creating qgvtp telepathy account  QDBusError("org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.InvalidArgument", "Protocol qgv not found") 
dpkg: error processing qgvdial (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 qgvdial
So then I went to the command-line and did an apt-get purge qgvdial, which worked fine, but on trying to install it again, I get the same error as above.

Originally Posted by altarMeego View Post
Hi! Thank you for the great application!

I've been using QGVDial now for a while without any installation/upgrade issues. However; on the latest upgrade using fapman, I got this error:
Code:
Setting up qgvdial (0.1.311-1) ...
2011-01-02 12:45:28.357 : 3 : qgv-tp account not found. Creating .. 
2011-01-02 12:45:28.385 : 3 : Error creating qgvtp telepathy account  QDBusError("org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.InvalidArgument", "Protocol qgv not found") 
dpkg: error processing qgvdial (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 qgvdial
So then I went to the command-line and did an apt-get purge qgvdial, which worked fine, but on trying to install it again, I get the same error as above.
That is a bug that I have gotten too often. The only way I have been able to resolve it is to reboot my n900. After a reboot, installation works like a charm. I don't know how to fix this bug yet - nor do I know if it is something I can fix.

I'll look into it as soon as the settings page is usable.
To repeat: For now the workaround is to purge, reboot and install.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
I reloaded the program with cntrl-q, and it logged in now (I tried this a few times before, but for some reason it worked now). I'm not home right now, but I'll get you the log file later. Do you want any particular part of the log file, or can I send you all of it (and does it include any sensitive detailes that I should remove)?

Last edited by xur17; 2011-01-02 at 19:05.

Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
I reloaded the program with cntrl-q, and it logged in now (I tried this a few times before, but for some reason it worked now). I'm not home right now, but I'll get you the log file later. Do you want any particular part of the log file, or can I send you all of it (and does it include any sensitive detailes that I should remove)?
Did you try Ctrl_Shift_W before quit and restart? Did that page show anything?
I ask because the last time I was stuck at login, it was because my proxy provider wanted me to click through a message about having an outdated version of Adobe Flash.

About the logs: Yes, the logs do contain sensitive information because of telepathy dumping out *everything*. I am considering the possibility of looking for those specific spews and not logging them, but for now it's all out there. Scrub before sending.

Amount of logs: I want to say just the last few pages, but I don't want to miss anything. Send logs since the last login.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
To repeat: For now the workaround is to purge, reboot and install.
Thanks, it worked like a charm!

Now that I've got the program up and running I have another issue, that I'm hoping you can solve.

I can't seem to get my contacts loaded. When I select Contacts from the main screen and then press ctrl+r it says its retrieving the contacts, but then it says total contacts is 0.

I did a grep for 'ontact' on the logfile plus a few lines before and after and came up with this:
Code:
2011-01-02 13:38:33.117 : 3 : Refresh all requested.
2011-01-02 13:38:33.118 : 3 : "Enqueued 8: getRegisteredPhones." 
2011-01-02 13:38:33.118 : 3 : "Starting work 8: getRegisteredPhones" 
2011-01-02 13:38:33.295 : 3 : "Retrieving Inbox..." 
2011-01-02 13:38:33.302 : 3 : "Enqueued 9: getHistory." 
2011-01-02 13:38:33.303 : 3 : "Work 8: getRegisteredPhones in progress. Wait for it to finish." 
2011-01-02 13:38:33.304 : 3 : "Retrieving contacts" 
2011-01-02 13:38:36.059 : 3 : "Contacts retrieved, parsing" 
2011-01-02 13:38:36.267 : 3 : "Contact parsing done. total = 0. usable = 0" 
2011-01-02 13:38:36.975 : 3 : ""Mobile"="+********""

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Did you try Ctrl_Shift_W before quit and restart? Did that page show anything?
I ask because the last time I was stuck at login, it was because my proxy provider wanted me to click through a message about having an outdated version of Adobe Flash.

About the logs: Yes, the logs do contain sensitive information because of telepathy dumping out *everything*. I am considering the possibility of looking for those specific spews and not logging them, but for now it's all out there. Scrub before sending.

Amount of logs: I want to say just the last few pages, but I don't want to miss anything. Send logs since the last login.
Yeah, I did try ctrl-shift-w, but it just showed a blank page.