Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by mauron85 View Post
...and magic will happen immediately. My uptime is currently more then 10 days.
^You wish.

Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
The script is meant to be running only when you feel that the system is getting slow. Normally it will happen after 2 or 3 days of continuos use.
Mine normally gets crippled after a few hours. Can the script be run too often? By that I mean would there be any adverse effects to the device if I run the script like twice a day or is this something we should limit to once in two days or at most once a day?

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Mine normally gets crippled after a few hours. Can the script be run too often? By that I mean would there be any adverse effects to the device if I run the script like twice a day or is this something we should limit to once in two days or at most once a day?
After a few hours you say?? :O that sounds like your device have some problem because normally we all can have one day or two with no issues, but only hours? that's not normal.

About the script, yes, you can use it as much as you need if your device become slow, that's normally if you have 250mb of swap or more. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011! God Bless You ALL!

The Following User Says Thank You to JorgeFX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
well a newbie here guyz :$
need a bit help .
i guess personal assistance should be the right word :$
i dont know how to use x-terminal :$
well i have saved the unzip file in application folder in mydocs of n900 , now what should i right in x-terminal ?

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
if your total noob then..

down the deb or check out my sig'

My"Current Project(s)":
[Resurrecting] DON

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I am not sure if the Optimizer is running or not, I put the file in MyDocs and rename it to op900

I cd to MyDocs, ls make sure it is the right path (i see the file is there)
sudo gainroot
sh op900

the script run with lots of list showing no found #x....no process killallxxxx... line by line until the end say optimized complete....

is it normal? the process running complete in just a few seconds!!

EDIT:
Forget the above, I solved it I checked the previous thread and found that it is the windows/linux file format damage it, I follow the thread, open the file, using leafpad paste to a new file, save it and run, now it is working, some process cannot be killed cause it said I am not running it

listed process not running is:-
osso_calculator:no process killed
cannot kill pid 13968:no such process
osso_notes:no process killed
mafw-gst-renderer: no process killed
optimized complete, some flashing screen to my phone and back to normal again ( yeah, the phone re-start those process being killed)

effect not yet know, cause I run the phone for 6 days and feel some lagging, so try out this script, see anymore lagging later

Last edited by rayson; 2011-02-14 at 11:56.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Hello,

I have problem with phonebook when using it with skype or facebook,

the images of the contact is not showing anymore, but it was there before I used an app called optimizen900, it deleted my frnds images in skype and facebook.

I tried removing the account and creating new one, even with new frnds it doesnt show thier avatar images.

what happened?

here is a screenshot

Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
Hello,

I have problem with phonebook when using it with skype or facebook,
Does this happen only to contacts imported from facebook/skype, or you've got none of the avatars now?

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Originally Posted by apollovy View Post
Does this happen only to contacts imported from facebook/skype, or you've got none of the avatars now?
yes, this happen only to contacts imported from facebook/skype.

it suddenly disappeared. i tried deleting my contacts from my accounts and re adding them again, but still doesn't import their images.!

Thank you.

Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
yes, this happen only to contacts imported from facebook/skype.
Maybe you have to try to remove your skype & facebook accounts from your N900, then add it back again and see if it adds those contacts back.

Tags
faster, reflash, refresh, script-a-brick, sell it