Active Topics

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by ziggadebo View Post
I'm running windows xp, and this works fine using IE8, but I can't connect using Firefox. Firefox is my default browser, any ideas whats stopping it from seeing the share?
IE and Windows Explorer (WE) are different interfaces to the same code, so when you're using IE you are in effect doing the same as using WE to browse network drive.

You could try using "file:///ip.address.of.n900" and see if that works (I doubt it). Or map the network drive (should definitely work).

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
I have a big problem, Please Help !!!!

Its Not Working !!!

When i PING to my N900 IPaddress " Destination Host Unreachable "

Even when i used WINSCP " Connection time out "

Any ideas ???

keeps telling me server status = offline !

Can not copy files form n900 to PC.
Message alert: "Too many Files are currently in use. Quit one or more programs, and then try again."
Anyone?

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to access the N900 from a Mac using the tinysmb? When I try to access the server, it keeps asking for a user login and password, even though there ins't one. At least I believe there isn't, since it works juast fine from a Win XP. Guest access doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by Androsque View Post
Can not copy files form n900 to PC.
Message alert: "Too many Files are currently in use. Quit one or more programs, and then try again."
Anyone?
I have run into this too (on Windows Vista Home Premium - maybe this explains it...), but when it happens, I stop and restart the server and copy files one by one.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Hi Nano, first of all I'd like to thank you for your effort.
Secondly, I've encountered a problem using the TinySMB server and GUI - it seems that it disrupts the Maemo's file tracker actions. For example, my media player could not retrieve the music files I had in the device's memory. Resetting the tracker or restarting the device did not work either (the tracker DID try to index the files after restarting it, but after a short while it failed), and only after I uninstalled the TinySMB server and GUI things got back to normal...

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by dscobsct View Post
setting up on configured all fine, n900 shows up on my vista and ubuntu machines. but i cannot access it, any ideas?

i am having the same problem but on WIN 7 . i see the device in my network but cannot access is .

when i try \\ip_of_phone it says: "windows cannot access \\ip "

any ideas????

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Romania
another thing i saw is that if the server is on, i am not able to ping the device, but when i turn of the server, the devices starts to respond to ping

Like many others, after a short period of time tinysmb looks like to stop respond. Have to keep restarting the server to windows see it again.

Any news about this nano??

Thx