Notices

ahh, crap, i can't get the modified kernel-power to work with multiboot, can anybody help? do i need to install the bootimg deb as well?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
one1002: Thanked because your post contains useful-for-newbies commands, however, he explicitly said he didn't unload it, which was the point. It's supposed to be just a slightly patched driver, the battery drain was him reporting what happens to him with it.

Some important questions - how long did you sleep that night; do you use the Advanced Power Monitor package; did you ever use power kernels before getting the one that came with this package?

Because in my experience, Advanced Power Monitor + Power Kernel (with that one special battery driver/module that comes with it that lets you see temperature of the battery's sensor and one of the other values you can only get that way loaded) yields drastically off results. About 5-20 percent under-reported, actually. So it might display 0.04% battery for an hour (or two with not-constant use) before actually hitting that-low of a point). I use conky to check the 'actual' battery value (I can tell you what command line command I use), until I get off my *** to look through Advanced Power source code again, and write/submit a patch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
@James_Littler - pls post some feedbacks if it works or not

Originally Posted by porselinaheart View Post
ahh, crap, i can't get the modified kernel-power to work with multiboot, can anybody help? do i need to install the bootimg deb as well?
Yes. That's exactly what you need to do, actually. That's what Multiboot uses to know it can load that kernel (and, I think, it might put the kernel image where Multiboot can find it).

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
one1002: Thanked because your post contains useful-for-newbies commands, however, he explicitly said he didn't unload it, which was the point. It's supposed to be just a slightly patched driver, the battery drain was him reporting what happens to him with it.

Some important questions - how long did you sleep that night; do you use the Advanced Power Monitor package; did you ever use power kernels before getting the one that came with this package?

Because in my experience, Advanced Power Monitor + Power Kernel (with that one special battery driver/module that comes with it that lets you see temperature of the battery's sensor and one of the other values you can only get that way loaded) yields drastically off results. About 5-20 percent under-reported, actually. So it might display 0.04% battery for an hour (or two with not-constant use) before actually hitting that-low of a point). I use conky to check the 'actual' battery value (I can tell you what command line command I use), until I get off my *** to look through Advanced Power source code again, and write/submit a patch.
owh..but i thought monitor mode and modules are different things?

if you are on monitor mode, u cannot access WIFI connection until u turn off monitor mode..i guess monitor mode doesn't effect battery life that much..correct?correct me if i'm wrong.. =)

however, leaving the modules (injection) loaded will drain the battery faster..

would u mind experiment with it(given u have neopwn +v40-wl1 installed)?i can't experiment it because i am on V46 now...

so i'm hoping that anyone who has V46-wl1 (custom injection kernel) would try experimenting this..

based on my experience previously, leaving the phone with the modules loaded DID drain my battery....

The Following User Says Thank You to one1002 For This Useful Post:
thanks, Mentalist, I'm assuming that i'll need to edit the multiboot .item file as well. Will report back once i make the necessary changes and try to reboot.

Originally Posted by porselinaheart View Post
OT - somehow i know u..porselinaheart..i've seen your nickname..lol..in lowyat i guess?? =P

ok..back to the topic..

quoted from the README file (wl1251-maemo-0.1)

Side note: The package kernel-power-bootimg is also included but not needed.
yes the bootimg is included..but i don't know how to add it into multiboot..lol..

@mentalist traceur - do u know how to add bootimg to multiboot so it loads it?

The Following User Says Thank You to one1002 For This Useful Post:
Just run the .deb file for it (should be in the same place as the other files for it), presumably after you've run all of the required .deb files. I don't use multiboot, so I can't say about what you need to do in the .item file porselinheart mentioned. It should be mentioned countless times if you (power)search "power kernel multiboot" (Optionally include "not showing up" - since this is a problem people have had with power kernel since multiboot came out.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
@porselinaheart - take a look at this thread about adding kernels to multiboot..try it if it works..

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=195

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to one1002 For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to one1002 For This Useful Post:

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251