Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk
FP125: you doesn't need to understand. You should try it out or leave this thread like nothing is here...

no one risk to test GLES ?

Last edited by bonapart; 2011-01-05 at 11:12.

Originally Posted by FP125 View Post
What I do not understand - as a noob - how the N900 can emulate ( to a degree anyway ) the Playstation, but Paperboy for example on MAME from 1984 runs like a piece of crap - even when over clocked???
MAME never was a performance monster. The objective of MAME team is giant compatibility with a lot of arcade systems. Emulation with high precision, not speed. It's sort of a "documental" emulator, for old games preservation, for purists.

They HATE speedhacks, too.

bonapart, I will try it later.

fixed gles version,
adws - arrows
uhjk - 4 standart buttons
cv - start\select
r - exit
on my device gles version is 100% fail : from 10 tested games and rips i get
7 - segmentation fault
2 - SGX Out of mem event
1 - working slower than previous GPU (and yeah, graphics is lagging more)
look's like Notaz have the same results : "Did I mention that GLES plugin is buggy and unstable? (or maybe it's because SGX driver, who knows). Just use the soft plugins."

so my decision is to get latest Notaz sources and merge it with our GPU and SPU ...

The Following User Says Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:
Hmm seems like most users expected more than the result

i post installation instructions on previous page... feel free to dissapoint in gles-gpu

Yeah already tried it meh...
Anyways what would I expect from a phone? Wasn't expecting too high anyways than any users here.

so far THPS4 is the only game that worked at gles-gpu better that previous one (less graphical glitches)

cheers again for your work bobapart. Im at work now and dont really wanna risk having to flash my phone untill i get home ha

there is no risk. with gles-gpu maemo only freeze one window, pandora hang at all (reboot needed) as i know

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bonapart View Post
there is no risk. with gles-gpu maemo only freeze one window, pandora hang at all (reboot needed) as i know
oooo. Did you manage to get a Pandora? I gave up after a year of waiting only to be told i "may" receive my unit april 2011....i placed my order in 2009 lol...apparently i was high up in the queue

Tags
bonapart_rules, its dead......., playstation, psx4all, sausaaaaaaaaage, sausage tag, try & emu mgs4, who needs this?, whytagsmerged?, wurstthreadever