Notices

I saw this iphone app iRig that can use the iPhone as a guitar pedal, it gets the microphone input from the guitar and apply effects. It's an awesome app.

Does exist some similar app for Maemo ?

I didnt find any app, but I want to give a try and develop something, I thought the greatest problem its the audio processing and convolution, and of course the delay that must be mininum. Max 50ms...

Any ideas?

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
I suggest you go buy a Line6 GuitarPod. I bett you get way better sound out of that compair to a softwarepowered distortionsimulatar.
I wounder how people can be so excited about that Iphone application. I find it quite stupid.

But the best sound is always One Guitar, One Cable and One Tubepowered Amplifier from late 70's. That is Rock n Roll!
Trust me

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
no doubt that sounds the best....
anyway I'll keep studying ALSA perhaps I could develop a simple app and who knows maybe somebody besides me like the idea of using my N900 to do things like that.

I still think that would be awesome to try out a few effects and slide some virtual pots to setup my "pedal"...

or pulseaudio whatever I'm at maemo pre-101

Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
I suggest you go buy a Line6 GuitarPod. I bett you get way better sound out of that compair to a softwarepowered distortionsimulatar.
I wounder how people can be so excited about that Iphone application. I find it quite stupid.

But the best sound is always One Guitar, One Cable and One Tubepowered Amplifier from late 70's. That is Rock n Roll!
Trust me
+1
long live Rock n Roll!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7dKcosELrA
(sorry for off-topic)

Originally Posted by andredurao View Post
I saw this iphone app iRig that can use the iPhone as a guitar pedal, it gets the microphone input from the guitar and apply effects. It's an awesome app.

Does exist some similar app for Maemo ?

I didnt find any app, but I want to give a try and develop something, I thought the greatest problem its the audio processing and convolution, and of course the delay that must be mininum. Max 50ms...

Any ideas?
I wonder if you can record it to N900 as wav file, then tweak it use Sunvox, maybe you will be surprised.
I feel like that I am becoming a promoter for sunvox.
Anyway, good luck